Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ChrisDudley
    Reply to Sand Queen
    ChrisDudley
    Hello Rokas,

You've done a stunning job on these illustrations. The only thing I'd be wary of is that this style of illustration has been around for a little while now. Obviously I don't...
    Today, 11:53 AM
  • skribe
    Comment on CSS responsive background image
    skribe
    This is a very old thread from 2011! But that might work okay, but is not the best option is some circumstances. I have found what works well in most cases is using the "background-size: cover;"...
    Today, 11:47 AM
  • StudioMonkey
    Reply to RIP: The Necrology Thread
    StudioMonkey
    The death of Australian cricketer Phil Hughes has hit a lot of people hard. So unexpected, so sudden, an awful thing to happen to a young, talented cricketer who was well on the way to being one of the...
    Today, 11:12 AM
  • extraordenary
    Comment on First Poster Design
    extraordenary
    Thank you a lot for the constructive criticism. The logos were actually given me to begin with and they were made on Illustrator, so I couldn't really do anything about that. I have learned a lot in terms...
    Today, 09:07 AM
  • Salt
    Comment on Happy Turkey Day!!
    Salt
    hehe
    because you ate stuffed turkey.
    Today, 08:05 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a logo? Call Jay-Z.

Jay-Z designs Brooklyn Nets Logo.

Linkage-
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...165926246.html

It looks a bit clip arty but I don't hate it

Comment

^^ +1. They could be worse.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Is that a new hockey team?

Comment

Well at least he started in B/W and finished in B/W. It's simple and it works. No drop shadows, no bevels or emboss, or gradients.

Overall it's a decent job.

Wasn't there something about him starting up a global marketing company targeting everything from graphic design to film production or something?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I thought the global marketing "genius" was the guy in white glasses...Kanye West?

I was just reading an article on the Nets logo. overall it is bland, and the apparel is wonky.

it doesn't have the normal sports bevels and many colors but seems a bit odd with line weights and letters.
            Dribbble Page
            Behance Portfolio
            Linkedin Profile

Comment

not bad, but it's basic. for a professional sports team i would expect something a little more refined. the S in nets on the first logo bugs me.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

The second one works better then the shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
                  It looks a bit clip arty but I don't hate it
                  +2

I'm shocked it's not full of gradients and such.
                  Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Wait, JayZ designed it? Hm.

A designer friend of mine was soliciting opinions of this logo via Twitter. My reply was "I like that it's fairly simple & not overly complicated like many other newer sports teams' logos. Not especially *clever* though." His response: "Even the Raiders have silver with their black. B&W is not enough for a flexible brand, and the type and emblem lack cohesion."
                    Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 05-01-2012, 03:54 PM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                    Working...
                    X