X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping up to date

are there any websites or anything out there that I can sign up for for free or check out daily, that keeps up with all the new things in graphic design?

i feel like im really out of the loop sometimes with stuff. I know youthedesigner has like newsletters and such and different articles on the site. I was just curious if there was other sites or anything out there like that.

Search for some graphic design blogs, maybe follow them on Twitter.

blog/portfolio

Comment

If you are taking about the design side of this business, you should be reading Communication Arts magazine and Print magazine. Check their web sites. Print has a daily newletter and CA has news section with links to current information.

These magazines feature design that is out front and pushing the edge of the envelope. However, generally, the current current trends in design are not earth shaking.
      Last edited by sully1251; 05-04-2012, 06:00 PM.
      http://www.paulsullivanstudio.com

Comment

I find out a lot of cool stuff just by following certain people on Twitter.

As for publications, I like How, Computer Arts, and GDUSA.

But, be well-rounded. Read stuff that is design-related, but not graphic design. One of my favorite magazines is American Style. I also get a lot of inspiration from photography magazines.
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

I like www.good.is - also, facebook friend your old school mates, co-workers, new contacts, etc. I see many a new thing on the fb. Personally, I also like to pick up the Photoshop magazines now and then to see what's new in digital illustration.
          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Cool thanks all I'll have to check those out when I get some down time.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X