Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on RIP: The Necrology Thread
    <b>
    As just a listener of music, his work with Cream, along with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, have been among my most favorite pieces of music since I was just a kid. Somehow it always manages to surprise...
    Yesterday, 07:25 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    <b>
    I think a lot depends on what one's definition of a logo might be. Many beginners and amateurs tend to make logos that are really just small, complicated illustrations. Most professionals, on the other...
    Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio Photographic look, program??

Is there a program that will make 2D flat design piece jpegs into a photographic look?
    I'm a print advertisement graphic designer, not 3D CAD, and I would like to have my portfolio design pieces online look like they were taken by a camera shot as a photography image. For example, label for a bottle, a brochure w/ the shadows and curves.
    Prefer MAC base application.

I'm sorry but you're a print graphic designer and you're not aware you could achieve this in photoshop?

Comment

My suggestion would be to start here.
      http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

but yes, it would be much more impressive to physically mock them up and actually shoot them.

Comment

Your best bet for a convincing 3D effect is to get some good printouts of your work and mock them up as folders, packaging etc. Arrange the pieces on light gray background paper and photograph them. Any imperfections can be retouched in Photoshop. This way the things look real — they do not look flat because they have actual dimension.

I have done this sort of thing using Photoshop but I think this is actually much easier and has better results.
          http://www.paulsullivanstudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by vectorzomby View Post
            but yes, it would be much more impressive to physically mock them up and actually shoot them.
            That was my whole point.
            http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
              That was my whole point.
              yup, was agreeing with ya

Comment

thanks all but i thought maybe there was a program out there that would do that effect like Maya (which I can't afford).

Comment

You could set up a 3D Scene complete with lighting and camera effects and apply your work to the models.

You could create a "3D" mockup in photoshop or any other image editor.

You could actually create a physical mockup and take photos of that using an actual camera.

As far as I know, there isn't a program out there to magically create realistic looking mockups. If you don't have the resources to set up a table top "photo shoot", then perhaps you're well accustomed with Photoshop or a 3D program?

Comment

If you want it to look like you took photos of your work... why not just take photos of your work? Nothing will look more authentic than the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSC View Post
                      If you want it to look like you took photos of your work... why not just take photos of your work? Nothing will look more authentic than the real thing.
                      I second that

Comment

Blender is a free 3D program. 3D has quite a steep learning curve, so I don't know if a few bottle mockups are worth the amount of time you have to invest.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X