Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• designzombie
    Comment on Graphic Designer salary
    designzombie
    I guess I'm too immersed in the lower end of the profession. I think B2B advertisers budget less of their income towards marketing than B2C. Or maybe they have smaller profit margins.

I...
    Today, 06:57 PM
  • Sketcher
    Reply to Feedback on my logo
    Sketcher
    Sorry, but this is anything but contemporary or rustic. It's very Web 2.0 which is about 10 years out of date.

You should be designing your logo in Illustrator. No gloss, no bevels, no...
    Today, 06:04 PM
  • buicongthai
    Reply to Canon T3i or an original Canon 5D?
    buicongthai
    I would like to introduce
    My name is Thai, Vietnam nationality, engaged to learn, very passionate about photography. canon 5d and I found a very good use. I do not have the money to buy it, but...
    Today, 05:12 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Your Workflow when creating Ads, Posters, etc...
    salsa
    I always use InDesign for layout. Actually, anytime I have type I usually use it, there's very few times I leave something in Illustrator. If I'm just doing a vector drawing then sure, but otherwise it's...
    Today, 05:04 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Can someone help me with this design?
    salsa
    A book? There's hundreds. People spend years studying this and trying to figure it out. Not sure it can just be learned in a book (although a lot of books will advertise themselves to do that).
    Today, 04:59 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't check the link - are these drawings from photos the artist took? Or someone else's photos? I wonder if there would be a copyright issue if they are someone else's photos.

Originally posted by MikeHun View Post
    Photography is not art . period - full stop.
    Not trying to start a fight here, genuinely curious - what is photography then?
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

While I think the drawings are amazing, it's not really my style. I feel like if you want a realistic drawing/painting, why not take a photo? My mom is of the mindset that it's only good if it looks real. I guess that's why she became a photographer.

I too have trouble thinking photography is "art". There are technical aspects that make a photo better than others. I feel like they get lucky with good shots. After seeing how some professional portrait photographers work (not just my mom), they spray and pray.

Comment

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
        Not trying to start a fight here, genuinely curious - what is photography then?
        Uh-oh.... here it comes again!

Watch out --- Art!

Comment

Holy shitballs indeed...
          Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Photography - An electronic - photo - mechanical transfer of photons onto ( current ) light sensor - microchip that have bounced off and refracted from an object, observed in optical light spectrum.
            "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
            Aesop

Comment

as my Apple/Mac dictionary says:

photography |fəˈtägrəfē|
              noun
              the art or practice of taking and processing photographs.

Modern photography is based on the property of silver compounds decomposing to metallic silver when exposed to light. The light-sensitive salts are held in an emulsion (in color film, layers of emulsion) usually mounted on transparent roll film.
              Dribbble Page
              Behance Portfolio
              Linkedin Profile

Comment

"A virtuoso photographer" That will never happen.
                Aesop

Comment

You still use "wet film"?

Originally posted by BJMRamage View Post
                  as my Apple/Mac dictionary says:
                  Aesop

Comment

"A virtuoso photographer" That will never happen.
                    HAY GUYZ I FOUND ONE
                    http://www.yelp.com/biz/virtuoso-photography-sultan

Comment

Technically, these are fantastic drawings. Personally, I do not wish to drwa like this, but they are fabulous non-the-less.

As for Photography not being art...I could not disagree more if I had some method to do so. That's pure garbage. A camera is a medium, like paint, charcoal, or graphite. Saying that it isn't.....very short sighted. I have been taking pictures for a long time, and I consider that some, not all, would be considered art. Now...is a snapshoit of someone's family artwork? I would not consider it a masterpiece, no...But, it is art, period.

Look just because you do not agree with an art form or a piece of art does not make any less of a work. Just because you don't agree doesn't change the truth. There are people in the world that do not like abstract art. They thinks the a Jackson Pollack painting was a waste of paint...BUT...some recognize that what their tastes in art does not change the fact that it is art. Personally, I love Pollack and I can see his talent. Just cuz others cannot...not my problem...still art.

Bottom line, Photography is art. The camera is like the paint brush. The film or paper is like the canvas. Once you use your talent to create the image...it is art. Until then, it is an under utilized piece of equipment, no matter what that equipment is.
                      "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Wow Fine Art is A Wedding Photographer

Originally posted by VDM View Post
                        Aesop

Comment

meh, even Davinci used a camera... a camera obscura, but the difference is really just improved technology
                          Design is not decoration.

Comment

He also designed tanks and siege engines. Your point?
                            Aesop

Comment

You still use "wet film"?
                              I do not. I still have a film camera but after coming back from Costa Rica and using the DSLR more than the SLR, I had extra film leftover...but then it was lost I said I wash;t going to buy film again until I found the ones I already bought but didn't use on the trip. I have yet to find the rolls, which are probably bad now. Though I did shoot some FILM in the Fall or Summer of 2011 using my brother's camera on a photo outing to Longwood Gardens...so funny to click and look at a Black Back on a camera.

That said, I didn't realize I Was supposed to make up my own definition, I was merely using a definition I had at hand.

this is making me think some and I will write something more later...gotta work some now.
                              Dribbble Page
                              Behance Portfolio
                              Linkedin Profile

Comment

I still use Wet film especially T-MAX B&W although they aren't going to be producing anymore I have a case of 50 rolls left. Will be using sparingly, I happened to buy a lot of professional quality canon pro level analog film equipment when the pro photographer went digital it was a steal.
                                Aesop

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X