Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• StudioMonkey
    Reply to Two-Page Spread PDF | Background Split
    StudioMonkey
    I always specify a PDF for artwork and if its a booklet I always ask for single pages not spreads.

Maxal the thermometer looks odd because you have bleed - this gives an extra bit on the...
    Today, 10:01 AM
  • Casseopia
    Reply to Creative Suite and upgrading
    Casseopia
    "I would suggest upgrading to a version that Adobe still supports just incase you run into issues, that way you can call Adobe and they can kill a couple hours of your day and eventually conclude...
    Today, 08:24 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    ISitude
    There's a follow-up survey found just after the last vid ...I'm guessing that my written answers are also award winning
    Today, 03:48 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Logo tutorial
    MichaelWied
    Agreed.
    Today, 03:38 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    PrintDriver
    Then change the title to "Getting Started with Illustrator"
    Not "Logo Design."
    Today, 03:25 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-house Designers...how much vacation time?

How many vacation days and how many years have you been with the company?

Random question.

21 days.

6 years.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I've been at this job for thirteen years and I have around twelve weeks of vacation saved up. I get three weeks vacation time a year (I think, I don't really pay attention). However, sick time and holidays are included in the lump of vacation time I get each year.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

32 years.
        6 weeks/year, every fifth year 7 weeks.

Currently have 599.1 hours of time accrued.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

as of june 1st, i'll have been with my (non profit) company for 5 years and i just now am moving from 2-weeks to 3-weeks vacation. :-)
          While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Comment

10 years. We get 4 hours vacation per 80 hours worked. I have around 36 built up. I earn it so I use it
            I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

None

23 years

Part of the reason I'm looking for a job...
              http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

We're given two weeks of vacation time but not allowed to use it.

Comment

Fourteen? Fifteen... no wait. Yep. Fourteen.

Five weeks. I've got 9 days still left this year to use up before July 1. Actually been enjoying taking lots of long weekends this year.

We can't carry over more than 15 days/year so every so often there's some pretty skeletal crews here come June.

(Garricks? Man, what is your problem? You must be one of those werkaholix! Or somewhere in the boss' office lies a very incriminating set of negs...)

Comment

I have none right now, still new, not earning it.

People here start out earning 4 hours per 80 worked. After a few years it is increased. I think it's capped at 8 hours per 80 worked. It rolls over from year to year, so there are several people that could take 3-4 months off paid.

Comment

1 year

1 week

More after 2 years.
                      "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
                      -Steve Jobs

Comment

It'll be 3 yrs this year. We get our time off incrementally, so honestly, I 'm not sure how much I get. Right now, I've only got a couple of days in there...
                        “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

I get two weeks, no matter how long I've been with the company.
                          "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                          LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            It'll be 3 yrs this year. We get our time off incrementally, so honestly, I 'm not sure how much I get. Right now, I've only got a couple of days in there...
                            Doesn't matter, you're about to get laid off agin, right? Three years?
                            Last edited by Gromit801; 05-30-2012, 06:10 PM.
                            "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                            LinkedIn

Comment

3 years - 2 weeks vacay.

Come January I get 3 weeks.
                              Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X