Optical Illusions That Move - How to do it *VERTIGO WARNING*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optical Illusions That Move - How to do it *VERTIGO WARNING*

Can anyone please tell me where I can learn to make images that move (not GIF images)...Optical Illusions. Images that trick the eye that it is actually moving.

I have a picture similar to what I would like to achieve.

Tools I have in my "lunchbox": Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator...

Attached Files

The effect is caused by the difference between the light and dark sides of the objects, which are laid out in a consistent pattern. In your example, the darker gradient side is shifted 45 degrees for each ball around the circle. Start the next grouping from a different spot on the axis and you get your motion effect.

A quick google search came up with this tutorial.

http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tu...llusion-basix/

Same idea. This guy just made elipses with a white side and a black side, rather than the gradients in your example, and laid them out in a consistent grid pattern instead of groups of circles.

Comment

This is your brain dealing with the optical illusion. They taught us that in school, during color theory. It's called color vibration. You can learn to control that vibration.
      "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Originally posted by darkwolf29a View Post
        This is your brain dealing with the optical illusion. They taught us that in school, during color theory. It's called color vibration. You can learn to control that vibration.
        Ah...my eyes!!!

Attached Files

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• nagygg
          Reply to Print screen desaturates image
          nagygg
          No, I don't want to work with the pasted image further, I just used it to compare if the image shown in the Windows Photo Viewer, and the image shown on the canvas have the same pixel colors. Then I noticed,...
          Today, 12:33 AM
        • CobraStrike
          Reply to Tell me what you think!
          CobraStrike
          Dear ShantiBliss,

1 Positive - It is a great start, you are thinking about the subject matter in an interesting and unique way. 2 Positive - You are thinking about a focal point which is...
          Yesterday, 11:52 PM
        • CobraStrike
          Which Font do you Think Works Best?
          CobraStrike
          Hello World,

My Boss signed off and is asking the customer on the first design. But I am wondering which font looks better. 1, 2, or neither in your opinion and why?

Thank you,...
          Yesterday, 11:24 PM
        • CobraStrike
          Reply to Help with a color palette
          CobraStrike
          Hello alber2410,

So, you are probably going to get a million responses. Yellow or orange will go with both your purples and blues I am sure you know this. I would suggest an in-between...
          Yesterday, 11:10 PM
        • CobraStrike
          Reply to Playing Cards
          CobraStrike
          Dear JofDiamonds,

I like the work that you have produced. 1. Negative - While I notice the varying line width of the image it might not be enough to really make the work stand out. With that...
          Yesterday, 10:50 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X