X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get the look of this photo?

Am I the only jackass that thinks there is something EXTRA about this photo. Was this look achieved by just the flash and lighting? Or is there some kind of filter or effect to make the colors and face look kind of cartoony, bright(unnatural). If someone has a clue what was done to this photo to give it the look it has, I would greatly appreciate your reply.
    Thanks.

i cant tell the image is to small

JUST LAUNCHED - www.hirethisdesigner.com - check it out

Comment

click on it and it enlarges.

Comment

really? if i click on it...then it enlarges? really?

no kidding... its still about 2 inches wide.....and its to low res to blow up

JUST LAUNCHED - www.hirethisdesigner.com - check it out

Comment

http://www.impactdesign.org/modules....rial&cid=4

start with the basic tutorials to learn photoshop, then move on to the more advanced stuff, halfway down on that page is a tutorial for photos. I can honestly tell ya nothing much was done to the image you posted, maybe a slight dodge/burn in some areas, and some highliting, but thats it, and those are all very basic photoshop techniques. hope that helps

censored by the all mighty gods of reality.
          ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

It just looks like it was the photography that makes the picture look the way it does. You can achieve that look through lighting techniques and quality of equipment. I'm not a photographer, so I can't get more detailed than that, unfortunately. I don't see too much 'photoshop' except for possibly some adjustments in brightness, saturation, etc.

Support Music and Arts Education
            www.dafenix.org

Comment

yeah, that look was done in a photo studio with a lot of soft lighting.
              you can recreate that effect in photoshop by using the airbrush tool, however that technique isn't for beginners.

Taylor

www.standercreative.com

Comment

Either all that or hire a really good portrait illustrator/painter.
                The jpg is too low res to tell if it is a soft photo or a really good airbrush painting.

Is that a CD cover? Check who did the cover art and run a web search on the name. Maybe that'll give you a clue.

Specialization is for insects...

R.H.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X