Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up a folder design...

Hi fellow graphic designers,

I'm in the process of creating a design for a folder that is 9" x 12", with 2 inside flaps that measure 3 3/4", from top to bottom....Basically your standard presentation folder....

My question is this: What is the best way to set up this kind of document in InDesign, so that it is acceptable to commercial printers? Should I set up my InDesign document with 2 pages that are each 9" x 15 3/4" (assuming there is no bleed)?

I realize that every printer is different to some degree in how they process files, but surely there is some standard method for creating and laying out the design for a folder that is printer-friendly....

I'd appreciate any input any of you might have on the subject....thanks.
    ---------------------------------
    R.J.
    Media Moguls
    http://www.mediamogulsweb.com

talk to your printer.

that said, this link might help.

post your work when you've finished! :thumbsup:

Comment

Illustrator works good with my company, but we offer templates in Illy, PS, Quark, and one other program. Again it depends on your printer...Some places cut differently
      Tapp-d
      "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

^^ What they said. Whoever is outputting these folders will have a template for you to download that is set up just the way they want it.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X