Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    DanCMU
    Thanks, much appreciated encouragement there.

‹Somebody else just told me the same thing about the 'e'. Maybe I should try and make this more obvious. It might be the case that the speech...
    Today, 09:01 AM
  • jessica21
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    seamas: I appreciate the suggestions on where to look for more influence. A challenge I keep running into is finding a typeface that is professional and clear for a logo, but still has a steampunk look....
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    CataclysmX
    I really like this new concept, it definitely speaks "messenger" to me. At first I didn't know how to feel about the backwards e but realized it looks good because it's like they are facing...
    Today, 04:16 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    CataclysmX
    I would say J2 is working the best so far, I like that logo. I would just try and find a matching typeface that goes with it, or maybe even the same font, for using on the name below the emblem/pictoral...
    Today, 04:09 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Freelance Opportunities as a stu
    Buda
    I would tread carefully.

No one here is going to be actively encouraging a student to freelance. It's usually education first, internship, a few years of full time design work before freelancing....
    Today, 04:04 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmail Hard Drive.com

i say go ahead and use it, but others may find it not so suitable.
    Last edited by D-Frag; 06-07-2005, 06:42 PM.
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Wow I didn't even know this existed even though I have a gmail account. Very Cool!

Comment

Holy hell - thanks D-Frag!! Thats awesome!!
      I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

sweet D! i'll be sure to check it out!!!

Comment

Looks suspicious to me. It has nothing to do with Google, and only 12 accounts?? SOunds like an interesting way to get gmail addresses for spamming to me. But then I'm suspicious of everything.

Comment

Whoa I didn't notice that. I logged on with my password. Runs off to change gmail password

Comment

hmmmmm, well ill check into it more then, sorry for anyone who has been affected.
              ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

someone need to notify Google about this site. Gmail is a trademark of Google's and I bet they aren't aware of this phishing site.
                Allen Harkleroad
                Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

keyare is right, if it were legit it would be on google's website and also in the news i would suspect. Always be wary of any site that requests another sites login details. and watch typing URL's. I book mark the ones i use a lot like financial stuff and even when i get email from the comapny i ised my bookmarked favorite rather than clicking links in email.

Another good but boring thing is to read email in plain text rather than html, then you can see if the link embedded is actually the same one that was displayed, hard for a phisher to get past that, as well as it protects you from malicious stuf that might be lurking in a html email also kills web bugs in emails. Plain text can't be tracked like html email can.

Just my friendly and protective advise to my fellow GDF'ers folow it or not but if you do it is one more level of protection that requires no maintenance or updates <g>.
                  Allen Harkleroad
                  Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

D'oh!

Comment

I sent a note to Gmail. But they sent this back:
                      __________________________________________________ ______________
                      Hello,

Thank you for your abuse report. We apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced.

To help us process your request as quickly as possible, please fill out the form specific to your situation.

- If you believe that your account may have been compromised, please
                      visit:
                      https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_security1

- To report a message that violates the Gmail Terms of Use or Program Policies, please visit:
                      https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_security2

- To report an established account for sale, please visit:
                      https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_security3

- To report all other security and/or abuse-related issues, please visit:
                      https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_security4

We appreciate the urgent nature of your message, and thank you for your cooperation. We will respond to your report as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

The Gmail Team
                      __________________________________________________ ______________

And none of the forms allow for reporting a phishing site.

I think I'll make something up so they respond the old fashined way: Humans.

On another note: It actually needs to take a REAL gmail account and password to log in (I tried it) - I bet it actually tried to log in as you to test to see if you're supplying a reall account or not. That would count as unauthorized access, I think.

Comment

Here is the email I recieved from the owner of the GHD site:

We're not affiliated with Google because we're a Thrid party
                        software provider. Have you seen any of the other gmail tools
                        affiliating with Google? GDrive? GmailShell Extension? the
                        Gmail IM logger? none of these trird party solutions are affiliated
                        with Google because Google does not want to affiliate with any
                        third party software. They only want their own propriotary software
                        to be what becomes popular.

People will always be suspicious, I might actually be too, but the thing is
                        if my software was loggin passwords don't you think that people would
                        already be noticing that their accounts have been logged into by someone
                        else?
                        I know I would right away. I've created this whole website to be a fun tool
                        so that people can access their gmail account as a hard drive from anywhere.

the other programs like GDrive and Gmail Shell Extension also ask for
                        your password and no one questions them... They could just as easily
                        log passwords. But the thing is none of us will, it's not smart to, and
                        it's
                        not fair to the honest people who want to use this site. So I promise to
                        you
                        and to anyone that GMHD will NEVER store people's passwords!
                        I know that if other sites were storing mine i'd be PISSED at them
                        and try to press charges!

so I still don't know how to make people trust me on this one.
                        And I guess I really don't have to prove myself to them. They will always
                        be skeptical about everything and they will trust no-one.

the 12 accounts are actual Gmail account invites. over 7,000 people have
                        used
                        GMHD already, but out of 250 gmail account invites 12 poeple have asked for
                        an
                        invite.

hope this helps

Tim Hussey
                        www.gmailharddrive.com
                        www.timhussey.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------

hes got valid points, and seems sincere and legit. its still a cool proggy, ill still use it.

Comment

lots of typos in that message... that always makes me a little wary.
                          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Whats odd to me is he used "PISSED" in that email.

Kinda unprofessional eh? I think so.

Comment

There's a guy I know on another Forum who uses it and he's had no problems. I just woudn't store any important information on their HD. MAybe i'll wait this one out and see what others say.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X