Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• epicdxb
    Hello All
    epicdxb
    I am new to this forum and want to share ideas about graphics design.
    Today, 11:22 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to HD photos
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF joaof9352

If you're starting with a low res image, using Photoshop will not make that low quality image into a high quality one.

We ask all new members to read...
    Today, 11:18 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Want to learn how to do this effect...
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF aquintero

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • dbDESIGN
    Reply to Nightclub Flyer/Poster Design
    dbDESIGN
    @PanToshi: Done and thanks!

@CataclysmX: Thanks for the tip! When I look at it now, the date does feel to go out of the view somehow, its not something the observator sees at the first glance...
    Today, 10:23 AM
  • joaof9352
    HD photos
    joaof9352
    Hey I'm new at design and photoshop, and i have a question : How to make an image with better quality in photoshop ? Thank you
    Today, 09:09 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your Wisdom Please

A friend of mine is set on writing a series of childrens books, and she wants me to be her illustrator. Though she has told me that I will receive a share of the proceeds of any sales however, the realistic (pessimistic) voice in my head tells me that this ain't gonna be something to rest my hopes upon. My agenda here is not to make loads of money from my skills (nor is it to strengthen my friends view of me as a top bloke), I simply want to further my reputation, and keep myself busy /skills sharp because I have 15 months of doing sh*t jobs to look forward to before I return to Uni and pursue something else. My question(s) is this:

I have/will have no dealings with her publisher, and despite the fact that I have a high respect for my friends integrity...I would be a fool to think the same of her contacts. What problems should I be aware of and how should I pre-empt them?

(my first concern is that though a contract would help to stop certain people from reproducing/manipulating/changing my work as they see fit, it could make things very awquard (cant think how to spell this ))

(My second concern is that my friend knows jack about printing...but because only she is gonna deal with em I'm gonna have to work extra hard to find out what restrictions I have before starting)
    My head hurts
    ....................( I )
    ...................Ω

Make your own contract for just for you two before she even goes to a publisher than you shouldn't have any problems. awkward

Comment

Originally posted by keith1
      awkward
      Cheers Kieth

Cheers for the advice too...Would anyone know of any helpful drawing up a contract related links?

Finally is there anything else that could spring up down the line and say 'Gotcha'?
      My head hurts
      ...................Ω

Comment

there are some links to sample contracts in my frequently discussed topics thread.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

there we are:

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ead.php?t=7892

Comment

cheers for that Morea gonna really hafta put my thinking cap on with this sort of thing ...

(Think friend has already approached publisher and if they have contracts of their own she might unwillingly scupper my plans if she signs it without letting me see it)...agh, this is a whole new world for me
            My head hurts
            ...................Ω

Comment

hmm...my research leads me to believe that my friend will have little say in the matter of who illustrates her book...The publisher will most probably outsource that job to someone else anyway (not me)

cheers for the replies folks but I get the feeling that this is gonna be a *pie-in-the-sky* venture that (in a best case scenario) will end up with me wasting hours of time for no gain.
              My head hurts
              ...................Ω

Comment

if I actually got the cash from every "% profit after printing" idea that was presented to me. I would be living on the beach right now enjoying watching naked women!
                "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

You might want to get her friendship in writing too before you proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by Broacher
                    Broacher, you crack me up. But the above is all too true, sadly enough.
                    it's deadline and I'm GROUCHY.

Comment

I can second that. Unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Broacher
                        Yeah!...well put Broacher, thats the bit that worries me (in addition to the overwhelming gut-feeling that this is all going to be a major headache)
                        Last edited by Ghastly; 06-21-2005, 09:12 PM.
                        My head hurts
                        ...................Ω

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X