X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need a name

ok... as you may or may not know i lost my job a week or so ago & i am going to freelance.(no more working for the man) well for the last several days i've needed to get the ball rolling & everything seems to dead end cause i need a name for this business.
    so... here is some of my random thoughts.
    my name: gary householder to long ...maybe the word house ...house of "?"
    i like the bible story five loaves & two fish so maybe 5 2 5&2 five and two five 2 studio
    here are some random words:
    media printing design graphics studio

oh some other background i will be doing mostly idenity but also alot of large format printing (i have an epson 9600) like store displays, trial exhibits photo enlargements and so on.

any thought to break me out of this box that i'm trapped in

oh one more ...a friend was talking about her hair & said "look at all this fried color" i kinda like it.... Fried Color

help i've fallen & can't get up
    Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

sorry about your job!

call yourself somthing euro sounding: house52.
    I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

house52 got me thinking of cards, which could be a pretty cool idea. Maybe something playing on the deck of cards and the house (as in blackjack). The name is from your name and the passage, but you can turn it into something else, but still related.

Here are some random ideas I shall throw against the wall and see if anything sticks:

52 PickUp
      House of 52
      HouseRules
      52 Creative House
      Studio52
      Creative Studio 52
      52nd Street Studio

Tagline:
      The House Always Wins
      Less be more.

Comment

A Home For Clouds ?

Comment

Some idioms:

House of Cards
          On the House

Some synonyms:

citizen, civilian, commoner, denizen, dweller, freeman, householder, inhabitant, native, occupant, resident, settler, subject, tenant, townsman, urbanite, villager,
          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I kinda like freeman or free man. You're freelancing now vtwin so that kind of works.

Free Man Media

The Right Choice for All of Your Designing Needs.

OR

The Choice is Clear.
            Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

I like your original idea about the 5 and 2, you may catch yourself a little bible traffic. As well I think anyone that might be turned off by a Christian tie-in wouldn't catch the reference anyways.
              What is the story about five loaves and two fish?
              match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

wow its kinda like thinking while you asleep. i wake up check the board & i have all theese ideas, thanks everone.
                it has given me another thought...g-man said the tag line "The Right Choice for All of Your Designing Needs" well the little town i live in is Wright so now i'm thinking i can play on that... wright media?

Eraser Nubbin the story is of one of the miricles that happened while Jesus was on earth he fed 10,000 men & their families that had gathered to hear him teach with just 5 loaves of bread & 2 fish that a young boy had. (there is much more to it but that is it in a nutshell) the whole story is in Matthew 14

Comment

I personally hate any name that starts with a city or state name. Go to a yellow pages of a huge city and see how many names start with the city's name. You don't set yourself apart. Just for Rochester, MN with a pop around 70,000 there are 3 pages of businesses that start with Rochester. You identify yourself with that area, which can be good for local business, but could limit your company to that area. I feel you have more of a global apeal if you have an orginal name. Be small, but think big!
                  Less be more.

Comment

Good advice Mynock.

52nd Street Media
                    52 Jump Street

Sorry that's all I got right now.

Comment

five2 Studio...media for the masses

5 loaves media...5+2 equals 1000's of solutions

Probably dumb ideas, but they came to me as I was reading this, so I thought I'd post 'em.
                      tmooregraphics
                      Horsepower For Your Business!
                      Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

hmmmmm, thanks mynock i think you're "wright"
                        but wright is so small that there is one church & one plumber in the phone book that use wright in there name.

Ahhh... who new this was going to be the hard part?

Comment

Originally posted by vtwin_gary
                          hmmmmm, thanks mynock i think you're "wright"
                          but wright is so small that there is one church & one plumber in the phone book that use wright in there name.

Ahhh... who new this was going to be the hard part?
                          This is the hard part. It's so tough to come up with a name for yourself. Now just wait until you get to the logo design.

Comment

Originally posted by keith1
                            This is the hard part. It's so tough to come up with a name for yourself. Now just wait until you get to the logo design.
                            well at least thats the part i like.

YNOT five2 Studio is right back where i started

here is my 1st concept

heres the feed back i got from my NON-creative friends & family
                            is five 2 how tall you are?
                            studio...do you record music?
                            its going to be hard to tell people your web site.
                            you should have you name in there... gary's five2 ....
                            AHHH

Comment

i'll leave this in your hands i have to go clean out a storage unit. i'll be home later tonight.
                              good luck. i expect to have a name when i get back, i'm all most to the point i'm going to let me wife deside. so you better get crackin.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X