Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF cdgc

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 01:11 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF wikster

Your image is not showing up. What works best for me is to upload an image to a photo hosting site like photobucket. Then use the IMG tag/link and paste that directly...
    Today, 01:10 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Lion Vector Logo
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Bear

Did you draw the lion too, or did you just do the header with it?

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the...
    Today, 01:06 AM
  • BearClawz
    Reply to Lion Vector Logo
    BearClawz
    Here's the logo in B&W:
    Today, 12:54 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    Thank you all for your responses! It is really helping me go in the right direction as I update this logo.
    Today, 12:15 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Indesign Document Setup for brochure !!!

Hi Buddies...

I've been working as a web-developer for few years. I've never designed yet for printing purpose. Now I've been assigned a work to design a trifolded brochure of a company. Here, all I need to know is about the document setup before starting the design. I'm thinking to use Adobe Indesign CS2 for this very purpose. Though I'm very new to Indesign, I've gathered some ideas from online resources which I think will be enough for completing the brochure design. However, I'm a bit confused regarding the document setup. Normally, as far I know, most of trifold brochures are designed in the Letter size paper. Hence, I also used the same size for my design. When I check the layout in Indesign workarea, I see the red rectangle boundry within the the black boundry. Black boundry reaches to 11 inches in width and 8 inches in height which is the exact size of letter size paper. Now the very thing confusing me is whether to design my entire work inside the red boundry or inside the black boundry. Please let me know about this thing and help me solve this problem. Any sort of suggestion would be highly praised. Thanx in advance.

sayamish

First, letter paper is 8.5" x 11"

The red border you see is called a margin. You can re-set that in the Layout Menu. You can design all the way out to the black border. However...

Are you doing a full bleed or will your brochure have white borders?

If doing full bleed, check with your printer how much bleed off the 'paper' (outside the black border) you will need for trim.

If you are leaving white edges or have a "paper" colored background, ask your printer what the safety is and hold your margins and design inside the black line by that amount. Safety is the allowance the printer needs to keep what's important on the paper.

If you don't know the terms maybe Morea can come up with a printer glossary for you. Or you can Google for one.

Comment

thanx....

Hello Printdrive...
      Many thanx for ur suggestion and sorry for typo regarding the size of letter-sized paper. I should have mentioned 8.5 inches for width and 11 inches for height. I'll check with the suggestion that u've posted. Once again...thanx for prompt posting.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X