No announcement yet.

Jewel Case Art

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewel Case Art

so im designging a Jewel Case for a band, its just a standard one with a 2fold insert. Can someone give me the dimentions that this must be? including bleed and cut, thanks

It depends on where you're having it printed. Always talk to the printer before hand - it will save you lots of headaches down the road.

As for size, if you have a cd case handy, just pull out the insert and measure it with a ruler. I don't have one handy or I'd help you out.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

If you just hop on Google and type in CD insert, you'll come across a ton of companies that have templated with bleed/cut info on them.

A little leg work goes a long way.
      Official lunchboxbrain blog

I'm laying out a doc on an 8.5 x 11. Could someone tell me what size paper I need?

Keith, weren't you paying attention? Get a ruler and measure it!
          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

cd's are 4.75x4.75 for a 2fold (6sides in total) just multiply the width by 3. so prints will come to 4.75h x 14.25w

Latest Topics

• Protagonist
                Reply to Dealing with the office power trip.
                Luckily she's not in a supervisory role but I have to work with her as she passes out assignments and serves as the liaison between other employees & departments.

The other men in the...
                Today, 11:04 PM
              • gentlerats
                Reply to critique for student work!
                Sorry for the late reply, this site seems to crash on me a lot. Thanks for the feedback! I'll take them into account.
                Not sure what you mean by the last line. As in, it's that bad?
                Today, 06:39 PM
              • KitchWitch
                Reply to Redesign of our company's logo
                Hi Brian0610 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                Today, 03:50 PM
              • B
                Reply to Redesign of our company's logo
                I'd pick the second one since the typography is a bit more distinctive and logo-like. However, I'd add a tail to the two d's -- ones like the a's have.
                Today, 03:39 PM
              • calebninja
                Comment on How can I create an image like this?
                At least you're not stuck with Alex Smith as your quarterback. Sure he doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but how can you when you throw 20 bubble screens a game...
                Today, 03:22 PM

Incredible Stock
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings