Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• EmberMike
    Reply to The End of Adobe Creative Suite is upon us...Creative Cloud shift
    EmberMike
    Resurrecting an oldie here...

I've been a CS6 holdout but now I'm at a point where I need to buy After Effects and I can't find a reasonable price on it anywhere. My upgrade to CC may be...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • B
    Comment on Hey guys, I'm wondering which domain name sounds better.
    B
    You might try always spelling it out with mixed case, as in MichelleBethDean.com. Domain names aren't case sensitive, so it'll work with no problem. It'll also eliminate any confusion over what it says...
    Today, 02:00 AM
  • haileyfield
    Need color choice help on logo design...
    haileyfield
    I created this logo for a company called Circa 3 and I'm having a hard time deciding which one works best and then applying color. I attached a greyscale photo of what I believe the hierarchy to be (dark...
    Today, 01:22 AM
  • Lucifer
    Comment on Canvas
    Lucifer
    Lol @ Seamas.
    Today, 12:56 AM
  • TimDojo
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    TimDojo
    First I think the concept is solid, it is clean and doesn't feel trendy. I won't talk about the fonts b/c I think that point has been made enough...witty post by @Buda about the tension, lol! My only...
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myriad Pro OTF printing problems

hi all,

My company has decided to use Myriad Pro OTF size 11 font, due to the new logo. This has caused problems when printing emails: words are missing off the end of lines and not wrapping around. We use Xp with Outlook 2003. I have made the changes to the margins in both Outlook and IE as explained on the Microsoft site and other forums, but this has not solved the problem. All programs are serviced packed to the lastest Sp's. We have a number of different printers, but it doesn't matter which one we print to, the result is just the same. If anybody can help with this, please do, it is drivimg me (and my boss) mad!!
    many thanks!

If words are printing off the edge of the page then you most likely have a page setup issue. Chances are it's not your margins but it may have something to do with page orientation or other settings.

It just sounds like something is not setup right in your print dialog box. Do you have the same problem if you print from other programs like Word?
    You want it when!? Well in that case, let me pull my magic wand out of my ass and take care of that for you.

Comment

Question... do you have the same problem with other fonts? Are the other font OTF?
      You want it when!? Well in that case, let me pull my magic wand out of my ass and take care of that for you.

Comment

I do not have the same problem when printing to other programs like Word and it only happens with this font. I have not tried any other OTF's. I believe my page set up is correct although this might be wrong.

Comment

hi,

I have been sending a
          this pdf file to my client and for some reason she cannot print it at all.
          I have no idea where it goes wrong.
          Does it have anything to do with when exporting the indesign file to pdf.
          Does it matter whether it's acrobat 5 or 4?

Comment

your question is unrelated to the subject of this thread you should start a new thread with all the information you can provide. Because what you have posted here has about 95% of the important information left out
            Less be more.

Comment

We have this problem working on G5's we sometimes have to go back to G4's

Comment

We've had problems with myriad with the G3s. Example--Using the G3, I would print lasers and myriad would default to courier but look fine on the screen. Send the same file to our PDF workflow and myriad looked fine. Dropping the font into the system folder's font folder (instead of using a font utilitie program) solved our myriad problem.
                WYSIWYG

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X