Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slug area

hey

I'm trying to teach my self indesign and I would like to know what the slug area is? And what's its purpose?

This is probably such a basic question

The non-printable area of the document -- outside of the page. Where you put additional notes for the printer or file prepper.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Actually the slug area does get printed. It gets added to your document if specified. It is usually cut off in final trim.

Very useful for generating proofs with a printed sign off box among other things.

Comment

There's also some neat (but very expensive) slug plugs for ID that do all kinds of wonderful docket chasing things. Mac only as far as I can see.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• StudioMonkey
            Reply to Printer requires vector file with shaded parts.
            StudioMonkey
            Vector artwork in spot colours is sensible enough, but any shading you add would not be vector artwork by definition, and Illustrator in particular has problems with shading in spot colours.
            Today, 08:50 AM
          • StudioMonkey
            Reply to Best Laptop Model for graphic designer
            StudioMonkey
            When asked a similar question years ago my boss said 'Just buy the biggest, fastest, latest thing you can afford because in 6 months it will be obsolete'.
            Today, 08:46 AM
          • StudioMonkey
            Reply to What kind of music do you like?
            StudioMonkey
            I would struggle to get it down to eight genres - I like all kinds of music but I dislike a lot of stuff for various reasons.

Classical is another list.

From this list you can...
            Today, 08:36 AM
          • Andy Hunder
            Envato EU VAT problems. Need help!
            Andy Hunder
            Greetings!
            I am the freelance web designer doing projects in EU. Iíve done a lot of them for Envato.
            But recently it turned out that I might be a subject to EU tax authoritiesí investigation,...
            Today, 08:29 AM
          • Cosmo
            Reply to Best Laptop Model for graphic designer
            Cosmo
            Are you set on a laptop? You get so much more for your money with a desktop. And I hate the thought of doing any kind of serious design work on such a tiny screen.

But it depends on your...
            Today, 08:05 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X