Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrestoArts
    Reply to Presto Arts Game Studio Logo Idea 1
    PrestoArts
    Yes it's Hobo *embarressed*.

I just haven't been able to find a font I like as much. The attached image has my second fav font.

@ <b> I couldn't really find a font per...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • Kool
    Reply to Hello GDF!
    Kool
    So what is the greatest site on the internet then
    Today, 02:32 AM
  • artistador
    Reply to Notes as design exercise
    artistador
    Neat idea. Definitely some of the best looking notes I've seen. Like Buda said, first thing that came to mind was using headers/footers (you could have the date, topic of lecture, etc..). A lot of those...
    Today, 02:07 AM
  • artistador
    Hello GDF!
    artistador
    Have been a silent peruser for some time and decided I'd join the conversation. I promise I have actually read the "very important links here and here", and also know I will be reminded to do...
    Today, 01:49 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on Presto Arts Game Studio Logo Idea 1
    KitchWitch
    The edit feature only works for a short time. If you need to add or change info, just comment. That's what we all have to do.
    Today, 01:38 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slug area

hey

I'm trying to teach my self indesign and I would like to know what the slug area is? And what's its purpose?

This is probably such a basic question

The non-printable area of the document -- outside of the page. Where you put additional notes for the printer or file prepper.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Actually the slug area does get printed. It gets added to your document if specified. It is usually cut off in final trim.

Very useful for generating proofs with a printed sign off box among other things.

Comment

There's also some neat (but very expensive) slug plugs for ID that do all kinds of wonderful docket chasing things. Mac only as far as I can see.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X