Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    KitchWitch
    I always try and find the best solution, not the best price. So if the best solution is less expensive than another, bonus for the client. It comes back around. My mom just had a bunch of papers drawn...
    Today, 02:17 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    The mac mini with 16gb is $700 new online. The monitor I want is a 27" at $250 (already have a 24" cinema display I would use a second monitor). The smallest, 21.5" imac with 16gb is $1500...so...
    Today, 02:13 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on My First Design Assignment.
    KitchWitch
    The forum is psychotically insane, Krazy. Lots of things don't work and some just don't work well. The best way to post an image (that I've found) is to upload it to an image hosting site (I use Photobucket),...
    Today, 02:02 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    seamas
    I really don't get minimalism here. I mean you don't have much going on, but instead of a minimal approach you tried to make it interesting --and it isn't working.

Minimalism is as much about...
    Today, 02:02 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    The project is a 50 minimalist-driven icons booklet of anything representative of the 1980's. I'm not able to upload the emblems at this time, but sometimes I struggle with layouts and was just wondering...
    Today, 01:40 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slug area

hey

I'm trying to teach my self indesign and I would like to know what the slug area is? And what's its purpose?

This is probably such a basic question

The non-printable area of the document -- outside of the page. Where you put additional notes for the printer or file prepper.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Actually the slug area does get printed. It gets added to your document if specified. It is usually cut off in final trim.

Very useful for generating proofs with a printed sign off box among other things.

Comment

There's also some neat (but very expensive) slug plugs for ID that do all kinds of wonderful docket chasing things. Mac only as far as I can see.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X