• seamas
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    seamas
    ^ This...
    Today, 04:55 AM
  • seamas
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    seamas
    I think the weathering shouldn't be part of the logo at all.

If you want to use it as a treatment fine, but in the design phase of the logo, it just isn't a good idea.

Too many...
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • arielr190
    Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    Hello all! I am new to this forums and I appreciate your time to help me.

So I am starting business; this is the logo I created for it. While I cannot say exactly what the business does;...
    Today, 03:09 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to do this?
    PrintDriver
    I'd think you'd want to be careful that it doesn't look obviously fake, like the first photo.
    The second one is strangely shadowless and floaty.
    The third one is ok, the objects are actually...
    Today, 12:55 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    Buda
    It's a good start. I like the middle one how it has highlights in the text, but I think the drop shapes are way too big. Have you considered working with candy stripes?
    Today, 12:23 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaper Solution To Adding Third Color?

Hi I need some good suggestions. I have a logo that currently has 3 colors. I used pantone solid coated colors for each wherein the third color is gray for the tagline. Is there a way I can save on printing cost without sacrifing much on the color or using just two colors but make it look like I used 3?

Thank you very much I really appreciate your advice.
    Jshibbly

You can always use a screen tint of black or darkest color to get your gray look.
    Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
    Through the Looking Glass

Comment

exactly ^
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Vikia
        You can always use a screen tint of black or darkest color to get your gray look.
        Thank you for your responses.
        So it means that using black in addition to the two colors don't add up as 3 colors? Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks.

Comment

Let's say your document is printing green, gray and black. Use the pantone green, black, and then a *percentage* of black to make the gray.

The job would print just green and black, but would LOOK green, black, and gray. Does that make sense?

Comment

NO! Black is as much a color as any other... In rotogravure even white is treated as a color.

@jshibbly: post an image of your logo and I will tell you if you can reduce it from 3 to 2 colors.
            Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder !

Comment

I think 2 spot colors plus a black equals 3 colors. The only way to eliminate one of the colors is to either mix the 2spots to create a third color or screen back one of your colors to give the effect of a third color or both.
              WYSIWYG

Comment

you could do a power tone which combines the two pantones, but I don't know depending on your colors if you're going to get a grey
                Less be more.

Comment

Thank you for all the help. Unfortunately the colors I am using for the logotyp are blue and yellow while for the tagline I use gray. Here is the swatch of the colors I used.

Comment

those aren't pantone colors
                    Less be more.

Comment

And there are 4 separation colors
                      Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder !

Comment

Those are 4 color builds. Just to let you know.
                        WYSIWYG

Comment

lol! This is how you tell who has worked in prepress. I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Sorry, I wrote the CMYK for each but they are Pantone 279C and Pantone 130C and CoolGray 9 C.

So is there a way to reduce this to two colors without sacrificing the gray tagline?

Comment

It's like mixing paint--Yellow and blue=green, gray and blue=darker blue, yellow and gray=darker yellow, all three equal a darker green.
                              WYSIWYG

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X