X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is hotmail printing

today i heard hotmail printing , to do with newspapers? in typography terms, what is this exactly.

Please don't start a new thread for all your exam questions.

Comment

Why not Keith? I'll let everybody know when we start to get near our quota of new threads. In the mean time, becki feel free to ask any question you wish. I don't know if you will get an answer, but you are free to ask. This forum welcomes anybody of any skill level and this policy has been in place since the begining.

Comment

I thought it'd be easier to just list them all in one thread

Comment

do you mean hot metal printing ? it's the old skool way of printing, where every letter of every typeface was cast in metal.

Comment

My guess is when you print out your email from MSN? Sorry, had to go there!

Comment

No worries Keith

Haha Neuro, I was thinking the same thing. I think Bear has it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neuro
                My guess is when you print out your email from MSN? Sorry, had to go there!
                I glad you did, because I wanted too.
                Less be more.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear
                  do you mean hot metal printing ? it's the old skool way of printing, where every letter of every typeface was cast in metal.
                  Oh..... those were the good old days....Hot lead Pigs melting in pots and sending lead flying each time a line of type was cast, Font faces weighing 90 pounds, The precision clockwork sound of brass mats returning, The sounds of Metal Chases heaved onto Stone Tables. The smell of ink stained furniture and Oil covered steel.

Hey, at least it wasn’t picking type from a Type Case...now that was rough.
                  Joe Davis

There are 3 types of people....Those who make things happen......Those who watch things happen.....and those who wonder what happened.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X