Advertisement Advertisement Module

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module

Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coating paper for a 9600

I've been using an epson 9600 for a while now and have been told repeatily by epson and some suppliers that you need to use a special coated paper by epson or someone else for the ultrachrome to look good. they also said it could clog and ruin the machine.

I agree that it will look better if coated but clogging the machine is bull, they just want me to buy their stuff at 1000% markup!!

Now i found this guy online who uses other stuff than special epson media but says it should be coated for good colors.

My question is, what do i couat the paper with, is it an areosol?

anyone ever use something other than what they are supposed to in a 9600 with ultrachrome ink?

No, you don't coat the paper with aerosol. You buy it coated. It is usually a gel (gloss) or a chalk (matte) coating that sucks the ink in and holds it for better image quality. You don't have to buy Epson paper - their stuff is very expensive. You can buy HP, Kodak, canon, Xerox or any (coated for inkjet) stock you want. There are a lot of inkjet paper suppliers. Some will just react better with certain inks. Try them out. Don't be afraid. The inkjet heads don't actually touch the paper.

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.