Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    PrintDriver
    Which group of millennials are you targeting? Because not all millennials are the same. I posted an article here recently where the author had identified 5 subgroups of millennials and targeting for each...
    Today, 11:13 AM
  • Red Kittie Kat
    Reply to What font is this?
    Red Kittie Kat
    Looks like Berling LTStd Bold... with a funky T. It's either been altered or from a different font.
    Today, 08:44 AM
  • Judy Smith
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    Judy Smith
    On the post, I had linked to a thread on this forum, wherein someone advised me to post the term "volunteer" in the subject line of the classifieds section....
    Today, 03:33 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to First Time App Project Advice Needed
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF dude

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    BillyLogan
    Absolutely better. Just make sure the tag line's readable if you ever print it....
    Today, 01:47 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .PSB Printing on an Epson 9600

How do I print a . psb on an epson 9600?
    If I need a RIP what's the best one?

Also who knows how to print full bleed on a 9600? Or a 2200?

Thanks in advance,

MathYou!

Fill me in...what's a .PSB? What kind of bleed are you looking for...the 9600 I have prints up to 44" wide? What platform?
    The psychic board is out for the day!
    People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

.psb is a "Photoshop Bloated" file.
      That's what we call em anyway.
      No one should be printing files that big.
      Specially on a 9600.

Rick, I'm not even gonna tell you in this forum how to create one cuz I don't want to see anymore of them.

Comment

What is the purpose of a .psb?
        WYSIWYG

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver
          .psb is a "Photoshop Bloated" file.
          That's what we call em anyway.
          No one should be printing files that big.
          Specially on a 9600.

Rick, I'm not even gonna tell you in this forum how to create one cuz I don't want to see anymore of them.
          I've never really been scared in this forum before...I'm really shakin!! And I live in a haunted house!
          Be still my freakin heart! BLOATED PHOTOSHOP!!!!!!!!!
          People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

On that note, I'm headin home to have a bloated bud light!

Comment

I'm 2 ahead of ya.

Comment

i have a 9600 & haven't ever used .psb but it's just a large .psd so you should just be able to print from photoshop unless you want to go through a rip but it doesn't sound like it

full bleed is easiest to accomplish by tricking the machine by saying the paper is about.06 smaller than it really is.
                Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Oh, just a LARGE photoshop document, he says.
                  You try opening, let alone ripping, a 4G image someday.
                  A .psb allows for over 300G files (though I doubt the comps have the power yet to actually do work on one of these).
                  This is absolutely NOT necessary.
                  They can only be opened by PSCS and above and most other programs don't support anything over 2G anyway (ie don't try to place one of these into Quark or InD or, especially, Illustrator).
                  WASTE OF TIME.
                  I'll leave them for the high (end) art crowd.

The only really good thing about them is, if you keep your head about it, you can go out to 300,000 pixels in any one dimension. Not that you should.
                  Last edited by PrintDriver; 09-24-2005, 12:56 PM.

Comment

^^WHY
                    So you can say you created a file with more pixels than the next guy?
                    I have 2000 fonts...well I have 2001?

And like yu, who createdd this PSB can show someone and say, "See the difference?"

I don't get it.

Comment

The only applications I have seen where it makes ANY sense are in a long wall length mural or a building wrap. It can be created in one piece then cut up for output.

BUT you have to be very careful if you have any scanned images in it (right res for size) and the entire background cannot be a photograph of any kind for an up close-and-personal wall mural, scanned or otherwise. It can be digitally created artwork but not a photo. The grain of the film becomes visible if you can even scan it large enough (digital camera? Don't even go there.) For a building wrap, have you ever seen the size of the 'pixels' in one of those photo images? They can be over 2" square but you only see them from a great distance.

You also have to work within the limits of the output device. Sure, it can be a long mural but it also should be, usually, 150dpi or UNDER depending on the device printing it.
                      Last edited by PrintDriver; 09-24-2005, 09:19 PM.

Comment

But we have taken this guy's thread way off topic.

The image should print to the Epson thru PhotoshopCS without a rip. It may take a VERY long time to spool depending on the reason for the .psb format. If you are tiling this thing into a mural of some sort, you don't want to be printing edge to edge. You want some overlap in your tiles to do a "wallpaper trim" at the seams so the sections will butt up against each other and align perfectly.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X