X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why does this not work?

i have completed a piece of artwork in illustrator cs. the printer does not accept ill files so i have had to export it as legacy eps. when i do this i have included crop marks and 3ml bleed all around.. but i have just had a call from the printer that they have received the file without any bleed or crop marks!! why is this? am i doing something wrong?
    i love work...
    ... i can sit and watch it all day

Wack it in Quark or In design and use the crop and bleed there...
    Only dead fish follow the current...

Comment

A printer not excepting Illustrator files? What kind of printer is this? Is the file all vector art? Did you view your eps with crops and bleeds? Output a laser and see if the crops and bleeds print. If it is all vector they may be able to enlarge the image on their end (that depends though).
      WYSIWYG

Comment

file is combination of vector art and images, i printed a copy onto inkjet, and bleed prints but not crop marks!?!
        i love work...

Comment

If it has bleeds then they do not need the crop marks. Assuming you added 1/8 of bleed all around (I work in inches) they should be able the figure it out and place the image themselves! This is basic stuff for printers to deal with. Just tell them what the final size is. Also get some sort of proof.
          Last edited by jimking; 09-27-2005, 02:21 PM.
          WYSIWYG

Comment

Thanks for your help. Unfortunatly the client I am dealing with always uses this particular printer and every time I do some work for this client I always have some sort of problem with the printer!!!! And every time, i start worrying that it is something that i did wrong, when i know that i prepared artwork with bleeds etc....!!
            i love work...

Comment

If it's to much for this printer to handle, then do what mitch wood sugested. Place in Quark or Indesign, pagemaker and send those files.
              Last edited by jimking; 09-27-2005, 02:46 PM.
              WYSIWYG

Comment

Sounds like the printer should be able to relate to RageMaker.
                People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by rickself
                  Sounds like the printer should be able to relate to RageMaker.
                  Ya right! Ah we don't have Indesign, can you save it UP to a Pagemaker file? Thanks.
                  WYSIWYG

Comment

And...the million dollar question-Can RageMaker handle the Illy file???
                    People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

i dont know.. because dont have pm.. only indesign.. and i think they finally sorted it.. because they havent been on phone to me.. they asked me to send them eps, with all graphics text etc 5mm further in on background... and they will stretch it out... !!! complicated ppl!!! i wish they would get illustrator!
                      i love work...

Comment

I never heard of a printer who did not have Illustrator. Just curious, where are they located?
                        WYSIWYG

Comment

They will 'stretch it out'

ooo boy.
                          LOL!

I hope you gave them some kind of output percentage, size, or hard copy.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                          Working...
                          X