X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Size Question

We just got a digital press (glorified copy machine) here yesterday and I have been struggling to get it to output correctly on custom page sizes. What we want to do is print on 8.75 x 11.5 paper so we can print 12-up business cards with full bleeds and have it centered on the page, not cut off or moved because the printer does not print edge to edge.

I have created a custom paper size in Page Setup and changed the document size but I can't seem to get it to output correctly. It prints wrong in portrait when the preview in acrobat says it will print correctly. I have tried printing out of quark also but it did not work. Anyone have any tips or suggestions to what I may be doing wrong? Or is it maybe a software problem?
    Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
    http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Has the custom stock size been defined properly on the press? What type of press is it? As well does it output correctly on standard stock sizes?
    It's not about the world of design.
    It's about the design of the world.
    Massive Change

Comment

What size is the B/C document? Where does the printer grip (feed) the paper, at the short end of the sheet or the long end?
      Last edited by jimking; 09-30-2005, 09:36 PM.
      WYSIWYG

Comment

Were any of the machine's parts shipped by UPS?
        IM me sometime! I promise I won't abbrev. any words under fourteen letters long.

Comment

Originally posted by PersonasBinar
          Has the custom stock size been defined properly on the press?
          You hit the nail on the head. I had to go on the press and define a custom page size. It was defaulting to letter long.

Thanks all for the responses, and no parts were sent via UPS...They actually arrived here free of shipping damage
          Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
          http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X