Page Size Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Size Question

We just got a digital press (glorified copy machine) here yesterday and I have been struggling to get it to output correctly on custom page sizes. What we want to do is print on 8.75 x 11.5 paper so we can print 12-up business cards with full bleeds and have it centered on the page, not cut off or moved because the printer does not print edge to edge.

I have created a custom paper size in Page Setup and changed the document size but I can't seem to get it to output correctly. It prints wrong in portrait when the preview in acrobat says it will print correctly. I have tried printing out of quark also but it did not work. Anyone have any tips or suggestions to what I may be doing wrong? Or is it maybe a software problem?
    Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
    http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Has the custom stock size been defined properly on the press? What type of press is it? As well does it output correctly on standard stock sizes?
    It's not about the world of design.
    It's about the design of the world.
    Massive Change

Comment

What size is the B/C document? Where does the printer grip (feed) the paper, at the short end of the sheet or the long end?
      Last edited by jimking; 09-30-2005, 04:36 PM.
      WYSIWYG

Comment

Were any of the machine's parts shipped by UPS?
        IM me sometime! I promise I won't abbrev. any words under fourteen letters long.

Comment

Originally posted by PersonasBinar
          Has the custom stock size been defined properly on the press?
          You hit the nail on the head. I had to go on the press and define a custom page size. It was defaulting to letter long.

Thanks all for the responses, and no parts were sent via UPS...They actually arrived here free of shipping damage
          Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
          http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• salsa
            Reply to Graphic Designer's In Math
            salsa
            What kind of simple math do you use on a regular basis whilst doing your job?
            addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions & percentages, ratios, geometry, basic algebra, patterns/sequences...
            Today, 05:31 PM
          • PanToshi
            Reply to Anyone w/Experience Working at a Design Agency?
            PanToshi
            In my area of the country, there are an abundance of this.

Believe me, despite over 12 years of agency experience and 15 years being a ''freelancer'', even I have encountered this bias. Especially...
            Today, 03:10 PM
          • B
            Reply to Anyone w/Experience Working at a Design Agency?
            B
            I wouldn't say it means nothing. If it's coupled with all the other things, like internships, actual employment and education, it definitely counts for something.

When I interview people...
            Today, 02:33 PM
          • B
            Reply to Graphic Designer's In Math
            B
            Looks like I'm going to be the oddball here and say that I rarely need any math beyond basic arithmetic to do my job. The most math-intensive, graphic design thing I run into is figuring percentages,...
            Today, 02:24 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Email setup for multiple addresses - best practices
            PrintDriver
            Don't assume they are downloading. Depending on how your mail is set up, it may only be accessing and cataloging from your email server.
            Where I work, on the mac with an IMAP account, you have to...
            Today, 01:53 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X