Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you interested in selling your company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi 858 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:28 AM
  • thebombman53
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    thebombman53
    I know of those sites - I actually have profiles on them. The point of building it myself is to give me practice with web design. Again, why I'm here asking for criticism. If you have any feedback, it...
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Buster_
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    Buster_
    I can appreciate that you're trying to build your site from scratch, but why not use a portfolio hosting site that offers free templates until you're more comfortable with web design? There are plenty...
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Getting started...
    salsa
    If you're not sure you're making enough, figure out you income per hour and take into account all your expenses and overhead and blah blah blah. It takes some time to put together the spreadheets, or...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • salsa
    Comment on Crit on my first business card? No client, experimental.
    salsa
    em: —
    en: –
    hypehn: -
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catalog help please

i need to price out some catalogs & need to know how printers define them. i will call the printer before i do this job but... just as a general rule....

if the printed size is 11x17 then folded to 8.5x11 is this a 11x17 or 8.5x11 catalog?
    on the same lines if there are 6 - 11x17's then folded to 8.5x11 is this a 6 or 12 page catalog.

i know this is probably a real newb question & i searched the forum with no luck
    Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

vtwin_gary,

Your printer should spell this out for you in easy to understand terms. If not, find another printer

If you are looking to just know what your talking about when you talk to your printer.....honestly, it's better to go in not knowing too much otherwise the printer may think you know everything and gloss over the important steps.

To answer your questions (without more specific details on your project).....An 8.5x11 catalog is 11x17 folded in half (Each 11x17 is 4 pages).

Now the variables begin...Self cover, Plus cover, etc...............Talk to your printer!!!
    Joe Davis

There are 3 types of people....Those who make things happen......Those who watch things happen.....and those who wonder what happened.

Comment

thanks step, i just wanted a little knowledge before the phone call

Comment

ok just to be sure i'm clear
        what I need is 8 - 11x17 sheets folded then stapled that would be a:

8.5x11 - 32 page catalog
        Last edited by vtwin_gary; 10-04-2005, 01:40 PM.

Comment

thought i'd give this a bump this morning to see i can get some more info before i start trying to price this thing out

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X