Advertisement Advertisement Module

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Student forum?
    Awesome idea, Cosmo!
    Today, 04:18 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Hello
    I'll echo what Cosmo said. There are a lot of good designers out there but their production skills are atrocious. No bleeds being the biggest right next to really uh...novel... use of color palettes....
    Today, 03:22 PM
  • bahmaine
    Reply to Art Storage Unit
    How frustrating! I know of a cabinetmaker/wood-worker not too far from me. I think I might just have him make me something. I am just sick of seeing my art supplies all over the place.
    Today, 03:02 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Student forum?
    Of course now I've made more work for you since they still will probably post stuff wherever and make you guys move their posts....
    Today, 02:53 PM
  • Kool
    Welcome Graphic Design Students
    This is the forum for students to ask questions, if you are posting in here we will assume you have no real world experience and will treat our answers accordingly.

Please Note: We will not...
    Today, 02:24 PM

Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catalog help please

i need to price out some catalogs & need to know how printers define them. i will call the printer before i do this job but... just as a general rule....

if the printed size is 11x17 then folded to 8.5x11 is this a 11x17 or 8.5x11 catalog?
    on the same lines if there are 6 - 11x17's then folded to 8.5x11 is this a 6 or 12 page catalog.

i know this is probably a real newb question & i searched the forum with no luck
    Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Your printer should spell this out for you in easy to understand terms. If not, find another printer

If you are looking to just know what your talking about when you talk to your printer.....honestly, it's better to go in not knowing too much otherwise the printer may think you know everything and gloss over the important steps.

To answer your questions (without more specific details on your project).....An 8.5x11 catalog is 11x17 folded in half (Each 11x17 is 4 pages).

Now the variables begin...Self cover, Plus cover, etc...............Talk to your printer!!!
    Joe Davis

There are 3 types of people....Those who make things happen......Those who watch things happen.....and those who wonder what happened.

thanks step, i just wanted a little knowledge before the phone call

ok just to be sure i'm clear
        what I need is 8 - 11x17 sheets folded then stapled that would be a:

8.5x11 - 32 page catalog
        Last edited by vtwin_gary; 10-04-2005, 12:40 PM.

thought i'd give this a bump this morning to see i can get some more info before i start trying to price this thing out

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.