Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Kool
    Reply to Hi we are Kreation Design!
    Kool
    Welcome to GDF Kreation Design

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong,...
    Today, 04:27 PM
  • ISitude
    Reply to Latest Bloomberg Businessweek Cover
    ISitude
    So, the font is a free one ...meaning, available to all.

It's called Learning Curve.

Tim Cook new at the helm of one of the world's most iconic brands is on his own learning...
    Today, 03:38 PM
  • metadog
    Brand evolution with complex logo content
    metadog
    Hi! I work for a 40+ year old company that has had a pretty static brand. The logo incorporates a family crest that goes back hundreds of years. It is very complicated, lots of elements (lions, chains,...
    Today, 03:18 PM
  • lumberpack
    Reply to [LOGO] E-commerce Cookbook
    lumberpack
    What do you think about the one in the drafts on top marked by a circle and "~"?
    Today, 03:16 PM
  • nachoboogle
    Reply to First go with Illustrator - Logo
    nachoboogle
    • What do you mean by "the thick/thin to not have any relationship to the way the letters would look if actually 3D"
    • About the angles and the perspective in the second comment, do you mean
    Today, 02:27 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printing bleeds on envelopes

I was setting up some new envelopes for my company, and they really want a full bleed on the top left corner of the envelope. At the print shop I used to work (only was there for 3 months), they told us envelope artwork ALWAYS had to be 3/16" away from the edge... that we couldn't do any kind of bleed.

I know it can be done by assembling the envelope, but I was just wondering what the price difference is. Is it MOUNDS more to do it that way? They are non-profit, and like good design, but won't splurge for something too pricy no matter how nice it looks.

I was also thinking of doing a solid color on the flap.. not sure what goes into that.

Thanks!

it really depends on how the envelopes are printed... if they are printed and then converted, it might not be a problem.

If I remember right, the shop where I used to work could handle spot color bleeds but not process color bleeds because of the way the grippers pulled the envelopes through the press.

You might want to consider checking with other print shops in the area to see if they have a press that can accomodate your design... just a thought.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

You need to find a printer that has a Halm Jet envelope press. They don't use grippers, they push the envelope through instead of pulling it so they can print a bleed as well as perfecting (printing on the back) all in one pass. You are however limited to only 2 colors on a standard Halm.

Getting the envelopes printed and then converted is only economical for large quantities.

Comment

yeah, it will be spot 1 color + black, so no process printing, and the quantity will be around 2500. I've called my local printer that we use for spot color designs/forms, etc., and they said they'd look into it, so I'm waiting on a call back.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Originally posted by Kool
          You need to find a printer that has a Halm Jet envelope press. They don't use grippers, they push the envelope through instead of pulling it so they can print a bleed as well as perfecting (printing on the back) all in one pass. You are however limited to only 2 colors on a standard Halm.

Getting the envelopes printed and then converted is only economical for large quantities.
          Kool, how's the registration on press like that?
          WYSIWYG

Comment

Originally posted by jimking
            Kool, how's the registration on press like that?
            Your basic 2 color Jet press is on par with a smal duplicator press, AB dick or Ryobi. You can run tight registration logos, etc. all day no problem. The sheet to sheet reg is not perfect but good enough for most things. You could probably do a doutone. They make a 4 color process model but it's really expensive and for most jobs requiring 4 color work it's more economical to get them printed on a Heildelberg and then converted.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X