X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding CD Packing

Hey, folks. I'm new to designing for CD printing, unfortunately, and have been having a little trouble getting a good concept of what's entailed in my search for information, so I've come here.

I'm seeking information about this for one of my latest clients. Some of you might remember, this is the one making his own record label (Last Individual/Indy Label) and he wants to put out a CD next year. He tells me he's presently interested in digipaks. He is on a bit of a budget, so I'm trying to keep costs low for him where I can.

So some information that I think I need is:

1) Should I acquire some templates for designing for, say, a digipak case? If so, where would be a good resource?

2) What type of printing do I need to learn about and where should I go to do it?

I understand that a lot of CD packaging is done with Quark, but all I have at my disposal is Adobe CS2's package. Can I still get the job done with the software I have within reason, or is this exclusively a Quark thing?
    Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Hi Jack
    My templates are all in illy format and I've been using them for a few years. I got mine from oasiscd.com.
    People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

Thanks, rick. That's helpful info.

Comment

Where they are being printed - they usually have templates they want you to submit the artwork on. But if you don't know, lots of printers have them on their website.

http://www.jakprints.com/templates
        Brent Simon is God | add me on myspace | Tutorials and stuff | download vector packs

aim - mylkhead

Comment

Thanks, mylkhead!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X