Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• HotButton
    Reply to Project Management
    HotButton
    I agree with that.

Basecamp and other workgroup tools like it come with all the features you need to solve those workflow problems except one: Discipline.

That discipline can...
    Today, 05:39 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Project Management
    kemingMatters
    Before you spend all of this time on solving a very real problem, I would discuss the issue at length with your boss and offer to provide solutions based on the understanding that you will have to have...
    Today, 05:03 PM
  • com_amy
    Project Management
    com_amy
    I recently started at a new company (commercial real estate) and they have very limited project management.

The basic workflow is:
    1. A request for a proposal or presentation is sent...
    Today, 03:25 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on New Graphics Design Team | Division 1 | Has Benefits | Join Now
    kemingMatters
    a office space oppose to b office space, I wonder if that's Mike Judge's... excuse me sir, I do believe that you have my stapler...

Where do we enter our 6 pieces of flair?
    Today, 02:52 PM
  • Kool
    Comment on Any one use 3D printer machine ?
    Kool
    That "Attachment" link is just a link to nothing that this crappy software adds to a post when you attach an image. Nothing dangerous, just annoying
    Today, 02:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow effect on scans

I'm filling in at my work for prepress at the moment, since I'm one of the only ones who knows how to work our 5 year-old scanner (a Screen Cezanne). I know, procedurally, how to scan images, but I'm not very well-versed in troubleshooting.

I'm wet scanning positive film and I seem to be getting a rainbow effect in certain parts of the scan. Originally I thought it was due to cleaning residue on the surface of the scanner, but I've been very carfeul that last few times to thoroughly dry it off.

Could this be happening due to the fact that our scanner is getting old? What else could be causing this?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Can you turn your film around and rescan to see if the scanner is having trouble with a particular x-y position? That would eliminate the film or the scanner.
    People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

I've rescanned several times in different places, so I don't think it's the the position. It could have something to do with the lens perhaps? I just don't know.

Comment

have you tried emulsion up, as well as emulsion down on the glass?
        People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

Todd, is it happening in different parts of the image, or just on those shutters?

Comment

I haven't tried emulsioin up, I assumed that would just produce a dull scan. No? I'll try if you think it's worth a shot.

Mag, on this particular image it's happening on just the shutters, but it happens on all kinds of images. I have noticed, though, that it tends to happen more in complicated areas, or areas that have lots of light reflection (such as chrome or a light fixture, etc).

Comment

it looks like chromatic abberation caused by faults in the lens of the camera/imager,
              I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Thanks, cjoe. I suspected it was a mechanical problem, but I wasn't sure what.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X