Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• skribe
    Reply to Your thoughts on this logo?
    skribe
    I apologize in advance if the following seems overly critical, but assuming you really want a critique and not just affirmation there are really a lot of things you should consider.

I am...
    Today, 10:07 AM
  • approveme
    Reply to Hardware, Software Advice
    approveme
    Hi Paul,

Welcome to this forum, hope you enjoy here.
    Today, 05:59 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to What do you think of my video game cover art?
    Roth
    This is inferior to the original in every way. PD made some very good points already to do with hierarchy, and energy. There are basically three elements, the figure, the name, and the background, so...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    Roth
    This is a bit of a stretch. It's like you saw the H in the weights, ran with it, hit a creative wall and tried really hard to make the rest fit. The logo and name are out of proportion to one another...
    Yesterday, 11:50 PM
  • extraordenary
    Reply to What do you think of my video game cover art?
    extraordenary
    Professional designers either create the images themselves, or get it from someone else with respects to the copyrights. Designers often make sure that the image they have is royalty-free so they don't...
    Yesterday, 11:14 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow effect on scans

I'm filling in at my work for prepress at the moment, since I'm one of the only ones who knows how to work our 5 year-old scanner (a Screen Cezanne). I know, procedurally, how to scan images, but I'm not very well-versed in troubleshooting.

I'm wet scanning positive film and I seem to be getting a rainbow effect in certain parts of the scan. Originally I thought it was due to cleaning residue on the surface of the scanner, but I've been very carfeul that last few times to thoroughly dry it off.

Could this be happening due to the fact that our scanner is getting old? What else could be causing this?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Can you turn your film around and rescan to see if the scanner is having trouble with a particular x-y position? That would eliminate the film or the scanner.
    People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

I've rescanned several times in different places, so I don't think it's the the position. It could have something to do with the lens perhaps? I just don't know.

Comment

have you tried emulsion up, as well as emulsion down on the glass?
        People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

Todd, is it happening in different parts of the image, or just on those shutters?

Comment

I haven't tried emulsioin up, I assumed that would just produce a dull scan. No? I'll try if you think it's worth a shot.

Mag, on this particular image it's happening on just the shutters, but it happens on all kinds of images. I have noticed, though, that it tends to happen more in complicated areas, or areas that have lots of light reflection (such as chrome or a light fixture, etc).

Comment

it looks like chromatic abberation caused by faults in the lens of the camera/imager,
              I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Thanks, cjoe. I suspected it was a mechanical problem, but I wasn't sure what.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X