X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart photo printing

This may seem dumb, but I'm going to ask anyway...

For my work I am printing some event photos at Wal-Mart (since they are the cheapest). I have edited the photos, and added a bar with the name of the event at the bottom, and the date. When I called the photo department and asked what format they prefer, I was told JPG. When I asked whether they should be RGB or CMYK, the manager on duty acted like I was speaking Swahili.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I'm assuming RGB, since digital cameras usually produce RGB files. But then again it's for print and I've never done this before.

Help, please...

RGB. They won't be seperating anything or calibrating.
    Last edited by jimking; 12-09-2005, 07:52 PM.
    WYSIWYG

Comment

^^What he said^^

Comment

Yeah, after I posted, I thought it through and realized photos are developed using light on light sensative paper. Not ink on paper. Thanks for the reinforcement, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by DeleteYourself
          When I asked whether they should be RGB or CMYK, the manager on duty acted like I was speaking Swahili.
          Classic.

Comment

of course, my computer was clicking and clacking away at the time,
            so i can't really blame her.

*shrug*

Comment

I thought Wally world and those type places just used a high qual printer for their prints. Do they really use photo development processes? How do you get a negative from a jpg file, do they have an imagesetter?

Comment

*over my head*

Comment

Originally posted by DeleteYourself
                  Yeah, after I posted, I thought it through and realized photos are developed using light on light sensative paper. Not ink on paper. Thanks for the reinforcement, guys.
                  Actually - No, they don't. They use a Dye-sublimation process - which is CMYK. But don't confuse them by giving them a TIFF. It's Walmart man.

Comment

Death to Wal-Mart!

But yeah. What they said.
                    Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X