Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who prints black the best (kinkos, copymax, sir speedy...)?

who prints black the best (kinkos, copymax, sir speedy...)? I'm just looking to get a poster printed and usually for school I go with kinkos just because it's a 24hr business near me...granted thier capabilities are limited, but I do not know their ability to print a nice solid black on a larger sized print like 24"x36" (or even tabloid size for that matter), nor do i know if copymax or sir speedy could do a satisfactory job. So I ask you all, if you had to choose between those 3, who would you go with, for who can print a nice clean black very solid?

I would specify that the print have no banding (see disclaimer in red below). They may have to run their machine at a slower, higher quality speed to do it and it may cost you extra.

I would also ask them what a good rich black is so you get full coverage.

It's up to you to ask for what you want, ask to see sample prints, and pay for a proof - not hope for the best.

Some of those shops have great techs and good quality printers, others don't. They are franchises with owners of varying skills. If they can't answer the rich black question, move on.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 12-17-2005, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
    Working...
    X