No announcement yet.

Dye-Sub Printer & Avery Adhesive Vinyl Film

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dye-Sub Printer & Avery Adhesive Vinyl Film

Hi Guys,

I am looking for ways to produce skin sticker for mobile phone. I've been investigating with dye-sub printer and the Avery adhesive vinyl film and failed to produce quality print out (the dye-sub colours don't seen get on the film evenly - you can see some very apparent unprinted white spots). Is there anyone who can help me that?

I am using the Olympus P440 dye-sub printer. Or you have tried other type of dye-sub printer for similar application, please suggest.

Thank you all!

Are you using an Avery vinyl product that accepts transfer? Some of the Avery vinyls aren't meant to be printed on.

Yes they are the transfer one. I've tried my Avery with the small Canon Selphy printer and with the correct print profile, the colour is brilliant. I need to print in A4 size so the Canon printer is not an option for me.

Latest Topics

• kemingMatters
        Comment on Graphic Design for as game as Bachelor Thesis
        IMHO the azurite isn't a good match, Fresca isn't bad option, but you might want to square it up against accidental pres, it's hard to tell from the image though.
        Yesterday, 06:23 PM
      • Prop4t3
        Reply to Hi there!
        Hello, I'm Joseph, i'm from Newsody, i'm an international business developer in France & studyiing communication strategies.
        I'm working in two projects :
        Newsody : News agregator website...
        Yesterday, 04:47 PM
      • calebninja
        Reply to Looking for mentor
        I'm sure there are resources out there for someone wanting design advice. I know Adobe uses Behance as a platform for other designers to conduct local meetups.

However these resources vary...
        Yesterday, 03:50 PM
      • BlueCrab
        Calebninja: Sorry my post was not meant to attack your criticisms on youtube tutorials and blogs, but more so to spark the question as to the resources available to make a designer better outside of school....
        Yesterday, 03:02 PM
      • calebninja

I can only speak for myself but I was responding to learning design from a blog and YouTube videos. There was never mention of well known design books, workshops, case studies,...
        Yesterday, 02:34 PM

Incredible Stock
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings