Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sketch28
    What is this type of design called?
    sketch28
    I really like this type of design and would like to try my hand at some of my own, but I would like to see more examples of it. Could anyone tell me what it's called?

Sorry...
    Today, 05:32 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut Form - Any examples or advice?

Hey all,

Im a student and my teacher hasnt given my class any examples of a cutting form for a tissue box. Im having a hard time working out where the bleed should go, how to show the cut marks and fold marks. Im really lost here, and I cant get in touch with my teacher.

I have added what I have done so far. There are two designs, and the one with the flpas at the top and bottom sqaures instead of the end one (65scale layout markers.jpg) is the layout I just done and modified.

And tips, thoughts, advice ANYTHING would be very helpful and Id be very greatful. I need to get this done ASAP. And I know I have dug a hole for myself....

I cant seem to add the attachments...any one know why?

Thank You

I honestly dont know why you cant add an attachment but maybe the actual size or file size is too big?

As I cant see what you have can you tell me what program you are using.

If its any help I always use a 3mm bleed on everything. With packaging and die-cutting I will always print out a scaled down version with the die lines showing on top and make a dummy to confirm that everthing is where it should be including flaps, bleeds and images butt on folds etc.

Comment

The poster is looking for a template for a tissue box. Any of you package designers know of a template?

Or at worst 3DSnail, you could open up a tissue box and measure it (scan it if you have the capability).

You need to scroll down to "manage attachments". Your image needs to be 'save for web', rgb and I think the size is down to somewhere under 160k.
      Or you could image host it and hot-link it.
      Last edited by PrintDriver; 01-03-2006, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Im using Indesign CS2

I have a tissue box with me, but I can't find one that has my exact design.

Ill try posting the images again, cheers

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Im using Indesign CS2

I have a tissue box with me, but I can't find one that has my exact design.

The images work now, but they are small and low res

Cheers
          Attached Files

Comment

heres a tip, it may be useful to you if you don't already do it; make your die lines in a spot channel so that they separate onto their own plate, just make sure you have overprint turned on.
            I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X