Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimal settings for a PDF for print...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal settings for a PDF for print...?

On one Mac here at work we have distiller set up and the pdf's come out great, with clear pics and file sizes around 1-2mb...On another computer we don't have distiller and I'm not sure how to set the settings in Quark for optimal look and file size...I've been choosing "Manual JPEG High", but sometimes the compression looks to be too much when viewed...I also set the "reduce DPI" option to only downsample images over 300dpi...Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by MikeTheVike; 01-03-2006, 11:29 AM.

Setting the "manual JPEG High" option in Quark means you are using alot of compression and the file size will be at it's smallest (distorted when printed). Set your compression to "Manual JPEG Low" that will be the best for print and still give you a fairley managable file to transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by tperkins
      Setting the "manual JPEG High" option in Quark means you are using alot of compression and the file size will be at it's smallest (distorted when printed). Set your compression to "Manual JPEG Low" that will be the best for print and still give you a fairley managable file to transfer.
      AH!, so the High/Low describes the amount of compression, not the quality...thank you!!!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pacman Ghost
        Reply to Logo design advice
        Pacman Ghost
        Good evening, everyone.

I've been following the discussion with keen interest. Unfortunately, upon logging in tonight, all the posts appear jumbled for some reason, probably a glitch in...
        Today, 06:06 PM
      • praxis11
        Comment on Logo design advice
        praxis11
        Saying "No, it doesn't" isn't an argument.
        Today, 03:56 PM
      • praxis11
        Reply to Logo design advice
        praxis11

We're talking about someone like Nikko being a self-taught logo designer. Do you understand that Nikko's ultimate goal is to merely design his own logo in a home DIY project? Of course you d...
        Today, 03:35 PM
      • HotButton
        Comment on Logo design advice
        HotButton
        Holy hell, that's brilliant.

Something in that Canadian water.
        Today, 03:08 PM
      • B
        Reply to Dropbox hacked
        B
        I received the following from Dropbox just last week:

I use Dropbox a lot for all kinds of things, and I change my password every few months to a long, random sequence of characters...
        Today, 02:47 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X