Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal settings for a PDF for print...?

On one Mac here at work we have distiller set up and the pdf's come out great, with clear pics and file sizes around 1-2mb...On another computer we don't have distiller and I'm not sure how to set the settings in Quark for optimal look and file size...I've been choosing "Manual JPEG High", but sometimes the compression looks to be too much when viewed...I also set the "reduce DPI" option to only downsample images over 300dpi...Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by MikeTheVike; 01-03-2006, 04:29 PM.

Setting the "manual JPEG High" option in Quark means you are using alot of compression and the file size will be at it's smallest (distorted when printed). Set your compression to "Manual JPEG Low" that will be the best for print and still give you a fairley managable file to transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by tperkins
      Setting the "manual JPEG High" option in Quark means you are using alot of compression and the file size will be at it's smallest (distorted when printed). Set your compression to "Manual JPEG Low" that will be the best for print and still give you a fairley managable file to transfer.
      AH!, so the High/Low describes the amount of compression, not the quality...thank you!!!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X