Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimal settings for a PDF for print...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal settings for a PDF for print...?

On one Mac here at work we have distiller set up and the pdf's come out great, with clear pics and file sizes around 1-2mb...On another computer we don't have distiller and I'm not sure how to set the settings in Quark for optimal look and file size...I've been choosing "Manual JPEG High", but sometimes the compression looks to be too much when viewed...I also set the "reduce DPI" option to only downsample images over 300dpi...Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by MikeTheVike; 01-03-2006, 12:29 PM.

Setting the "manual JPEG High" option in Quark means you are using alot of compression and the file size will be at it's smallest (distorted when printed). Set your compression to "Manual JPEG Low" that will be the best for print and still give you a fairley managable file to transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by tperkins
      Setting the "manual JPEG High" option in Quark means you are using alot of compression and the file size will be at it's smallest (distorted when printed). Set your compression to "Manual JPEG Low" that will be the best for print and still give you a fairley managable file to transfer.
      AH!, so the High/Low describes the amount of compression, not the quality...thank you!!!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Buda
        Reply to Staying Current
        Buda
        The thing with trends is they date really quickly. My clients don't keep up with trends so it's unlikely they want to see the latest design trends in the proofs I supply.

For random inspiration,...
        Today, 07:40 PM
      • Buda
        Reply to Font Identification
        Buda
        Could be based on a Star Wars font. That S anyway......
        Today, 07:36 PM
      • Buda
        Reply to Need critique for logo
        Buda
        This logo is way too complicated for use across different mediums. The drawing is too big, the text too small.

It seems very strange to name a creative business "no thoughts".
        Today, 07:33 PM
      • Buda
        Reply to Bi-Fold Brochure & InDesign
        Buda
        ^^As PD said above.

Just think of it as a 4 page document. Most printers will want you to supply the artwork 1up with trim marks and bleed.
        Today, 07:31 PM
      • Buda
        Reply to Logo and Business Card feedback
        Buda
        I'm confused, is one of these a logo and the other a business card? Because they look almost the same. They shouldn't look almost the same. A business card has a lot more information on it than a logo....
        Today, 07:28 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X