Color Profile question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Profile question

Ok, so I am at a new job and am working on getting my color-matching under control. I'm getting familiar with playing with the Color Profiles on my PC here and am wondering what Color Settings profile I should choose for a standard HP office laser printer?

I'm also playing with Quark and trying to figure out what is the best setting to choose when printing? I noticed when choosing to print to the HP printer, Quark literally prints what's on screen, even if it's a low-res preview.

I asked the IT guy to install PostScript drivers, and now I have a PostScript printer in my printer selection, but the colors print MUCH darker now. Is this normal? Should I consider the PostScript output as "proper colors"?
    wieNerDog

Broacher, what is the name of that book on color management?

Comment

Anyone have any good references on how to choose the best color profile or create one for your printer? I wonder if HP has suggestions somewhere?
      wieNerDog

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• nagygg
        Reply to Print screen desaturates image
        nagygg
        No, I don't want to work with the pasted image further, I just used it to compare if the image shown in the Windows Photo Viewer, and the image shown on the canvas have the same pixel colors. Then I noticed,...
        Today, 12:33 AM
      • CobraStrike
        Reply to Tell me what you think!
        CobraStrike
        Dear ShantiBliss,

1 Positive - It is a great start, you are thinking about the subject matter in an interesting and unique way. 2 Positive - You are thinking about a focal point which is...
        Yesterday, 11:52 PM
      • CobraStrike
        Which Font do you Think Works Best?
        CobraStrike
        Hello World,

My Boss signed off and is asking the customer on the first design. But I am wondering which font looks better. 1, 2, or neither in your opinion and why?

Thank you,...
        Yesterday, 11:24 PM
      • CobraStrike
        Reply to Help with a color palette
        CobraStrike
        Hello alber2410,

So, you are probably going to get a million responses. Yellow or orange will go with both your purples and blues I am sure you know this. I would suggest an in-between...
        Yesterday, 11:10 PM
      • CobraStrike
        Reply to Playing Cards
        CobraStrike
        Dear JofDiamonds,

I like the work that you have produced. 1. Negative - While I notice the varying line width of the image it might not be enough to really make the work stand out. With that...
        Yesterday, 10:50 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X