Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Roth
    Comment on Personal Logo Critique
    Roth
    If you're saying, should I have a different or same W in the name to the logo? - again it's if you can make it work. Having the same - the plus is, it can tie the two together, the minus is if it doesn't...
    Today, 12:39 AM
  • Blyq
    New Here
    Blyq
    Hey guys, my name is Blyq and I joined this forum because I do a bit of graphic design sometimes (I taught myself what little I know) and I am thinking about possibly pursuing a career in this field because...
    Today, 12:25 AM
  • Lucifer
    Comment on Creatives on Instagram and Facebook
    Lucifer
    Looks like you've already made up your mind. Why bother asking for opinions then? Print is right. If you want to make money off your pictures, buy a good camera.
    Yesterday, 10:58 PM
  • Momoshy
    Reply to How Can I Covert This logo to 3D ?
    Momoshy
    Abarth, you can do pretty much everything with smart use of gradients and transparencies.

Even if you dont plan to print anything big in a inmidiate future, is best to do as the guys above...
    Yesterday, 10:21 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Should I charge more than $29 for this sidewalk sign?
    Cosmo
    I don't know about pricing, but let me ask this:

Is that the exact sign you are selling? Or are you offering custom signs in that style? If you are selling just that particular sign, you...
    Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Profile question

Ok, so I am at a new job and am working on getting my color-matching under control. I'm getting familiar with playing with the Color Profiles on my PC here and am wondering what Color Settings profile I should choose for a standard HP office laser printer?

I'm also playing with Quark and trying to figure out what is the best setting to choose when printing? I noticed when choosing to print to the HP printer, Quark literally prints what's on screen, even if it's a low-res preview.

I asked the IT guy to install PostScript drivers, and now I have a PostScript printer in my printer selection, but the colors print MUCH darker now. Is this normal? Should I consider the PostScript output as "proper colors"?
    wieNerDog

Broacher, what is the name of that book on color management?

Comment

Anyone have any good references on how to choose the best color profile or create one for your printer? I wonder if HP has suggestions somewhere?
      wieNerDog

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X