Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Alexpetrovic
    futuristic UI design
    Alexpetrovic
    Hi,

I have a personal sci-fi ui project i have been working on that no one has seen from the beginning so i would gladly appreciate some critique.

thanks in advance
    Today, 10:20 PM
  • MichaelWied
    Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    Hey all you Art Directors! I'm starting to get my portfolio spruced up again as I feel held back at my current job (and no, there is no room to grow, it's a very stagnant position). I know there's online...
    Today, 08:38 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Anybody else noticing Google home page has seemed to have reverted to an older style?
    <b>
    It looks the same to me, whether using Chrome or Safari. The only thing different I see in Chrome is the absence of Google asking me to switch to Chrome.
    Today, 08:33 PM
  • GRow
    Reply to Nightclub Flyer/Poster Design
    GRow
    For the first 5 years I spent designing I never once cared about good kerning. 4 years later I'm noticing it and making mental notes not to forget about it. With flyer design like this it can make all...
    Today, 08:11 PM
  • HotButton
    Reply to I am SO confused about vehicle wrap design?
    HotButton
    ^Right.

Or at least...

Just like you would produce a client's design in accordance with specs and guidelines from a printer, sign maker, label manufacturer, etc., you shop for...
    Today, 08:03 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get catalogs printed?

I am working on my own catalog. However, I need to be able to get it printed fairly inexpensive. it does not have to be fancy by any means. 4 color, about 75 pages and 10000 copies. The current catalogs in my niche seem to be very light paper.

Any thoughts on where I can get this done at reasonable prices?

Thanks

Check out web press companies in your local area. I've also had catalogs printed inexpensively on lightweight ultrabrite stock by local newspapers.

- J.
    Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
    Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

Any web offset printer near you locally should be able to give you a reasonable price. Try to get about 3 quotes to make sure you are getting the best price. Different shops will price out differently depending on sheet size and quantity and what is optimum for thier press and bindery.

Catalog printers have indeed gone to using lighter stocks with some groundwood to bulk it back up. This is to ease both production and mailing expenses. You want to find the brightest white you can that fall into these stocks.

The thing to keep in mind is that these stocks will save you money in production, but may not display your product with accurate color or have a "pop" off the page quality. So if accurate color and clear detail for a product with higher price points, it could be an issue that could adversely affect sales and is something to beware of.
      Last edited by Vikia; 01-22-2006, 07:50 PM.
      Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
      Through the Looking Glass

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X