Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• salsa
    Reply to Project Management
    salsa
    I don't have anything else to add. I think talking to your boss about it first is important so that you at least have her buy-in. Then you'll have to write a procedure and it will need to be backed by...
    Today, 04:07 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Do You Keep Work Drafts?
    kemingMatters
    I keep a folder for images and other supplied content in a folder with my indd, I only package the end result, as any of the links I used in my drafts will be in the folder I made and the fonts will already...
    Today, 04:06 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to 10 minutes from home
    kemingMatters
    I've been meaning to post something here for a while, here's a long exposure I took last weekend up at the lake. I can't really tell you how long the exposure was because I wasn't keeping track, I was...
    Today, 04:01 PM
  • com_amy
    Reply to Do You Keep Work Drafts?
    com_amy
    They've been dropping things into a "Draft" folder, but none of the ID files are packaged or anything. Do you guys recommend adding a "_Draft" to those files AND packaging them? I...
    Today, 04:00 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Logo for a small startup company....
    salsa
    How much time have you spent talking to the client about what they want? Did you spend a couple hours with them or has the only thing they've told you is what you wrote above?

Since the project's...
    Today, 03:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Xerox 7700

Hi,

I have a three-year old Xerox printer, 7700. Lately, all colors (CMYK) are faded inconsistently in some areas. They are not faded in the same place when printing in each application. It seems almost like I can see the roller marks. Note: All colors are 90% full. Also, I'm using 24lbs laserpaper in Tray 1

I found a lot of instructions on how to improve print quality, but there is so much information that I don't know where to start. I think I have this... "Complete Page is Too Light, Mottled, Blotchy In All Colors," but the complete page is not faded all over. It fades in different areas on all four pages (CMYK).

I need someone to tell me where to start first in steps. I am disabled and I cannot use my hands. So, I need someone to tell us what to do in simple steps for my assistant to understand.

Please advise.

Thank you,
    Leigh Anne

Wouldn't it just be easier to pay a Xerox tech guy?

Comment

Nope... It costs an arm and a leg.

L-A

Comment

Sounds like the inside of the machine is filthy. Three years....any maintainence/service? Fuser assemblies can get pretty dirty as can the rollers.... if it's never been done you just might need a tech in or see if you can find a service manual for said printer.
        It's not about the world of design.
        It's about the design of the world.
        Massive Change

Comment

I think powered off (for two hours) did the trick, but I'm not sure because I only printed one page with full colored graphics.

Thanks.
          L-A

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X