Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Issue - Mac and PC - colors come out different?

Hi All,

I did a pro bono job for a friend of mine who is a personal trainer. We designed a brochure last year that I have been printing for her; first on my little epson inkjet and most currently on my HP color laserjet. Several weeks ago, she purchased a new Dell Color laser printer so she can print these herself. My problem is her color is much different than mine.

This was designed to print on FoxRiver's Crushed leaf sparkle paper. Her business cards are purple and the brochure is printed on white, using a mixed purple to match. There has not been a problem with the color printing first to the Epson printer and then going to the HP, the color has remained consistent.

She's printing from a PDF file. I've printed the same PDF file and it looks great. I've not had a chance to visit her and check out her selections in the print dialog box. She lives in another town and it is going to be at least a couple of weeks before I get a chance to check this out.

Can anyone think of a remedy for this? Is it because she is on a PC and I'm on a Mac?

Check your color settings in your program you used to set it up. It may be defaulted to a Apple specific color setting and then when it goes to PC it is getting converted. Even as a PDF. I could be wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll do that.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

You might get more suggestions starting Monday. The weekends on here are a bit slow.

Comment

I had this problem back at the print shop all the time. If I took the same document to every color printer copy machine in town, I would have a variety of results. That's just how color printers are.

Make sure to calibrate the color printer every so often (more often the better). Neuro has a point about the color calibration, although I think that would effect more what's on screen than anything else. If the printer is supposed to be using a specific .PPD printer description file, make sure it is using that in the printer setup/config panel (PPDs work cross platform, they're just a set of instructions).

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X