Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ThePreyMan PHS
    Reply to Custom social icons
    ThePreyMan PHS
    Justo to clarify, I didn't change the colors of the actual logos, per say, as in the 'F' of the facebook logo was never yellow. The logos were all black, which is fine, and the backgrounds to them were...
    Today, 06:36 AM
  • ThePreyMan PHS
    Reply to Custom social icons
    ThePreyMan PHS
    It still leaves me in uncertainty. What I had before, in the creation of this thread, seemed to me to be respectable to their branding. I can understand not having the Facebook logo turned into a gun...
    Today, 06:33 AM
  • ThePreyMan PHS
    Reply to Confidence, Growth, and a Mentor
    ThePreyMan PHS
    Great.
    Thanks for the bits of info, guys. Helps.
    Today, 06:23 AM
  • seamas
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    seamas
    ^ This...
    Today, 04:55 AM
  • seamas
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    seamas
    I think the weathering shouldn't be part of the logo at all.

If you want to use it as a treatment fine, but in the design phase of the logo, it just isn't a good idea.

Too many...
    Today, 04:52 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing Newspaper Ad w/Spot Color

Okay here's my quandry: I design newspaper ads for a client. They like spot blue which I used to highlight certain words and their current campaign slogan. The production department of the newspaper I'm submitting to requests that the spot blue be sent as 100% cyan. I have no problem with this and the first ad looked good. The problem they keep running into is with the graphic in the ad. It's a grayscale tiff. They seem to have an unspecified issue with this (I'm waiting on a call back from them as we speak). I'm a doing something wrong on my end? Should the graphic be an EPS? I have my color management set to off in Pagemaker 6.5 (ugh, I know I know). Am I missing something in the Advanced Options when I PDF? Thanks for any assistance!
    Official lunchboxbrain blog

Just make a cyan version of the graphic?
    It's not about the world of design.
    It's about the design of the world.
    Massive Change

Comment

PB- I want the graphic to remain as B&W. Any other ideas?

Comment

To me it sounds like their workflow system has a problem with Pantone names. Some older systems when recieving a pms300 CV for example doesn't like it, so it crashes or it defaults to a process build. It also could be a platform issue, Mac to PC or PC to Mac thing. So, for them to avoid this problem they map the pms to a 100% process color.
        WYSIWYG

Comment

I'm in a newspaper environment and It's CMYK.... if you are tinting your GREY graphic with a pantone --- to PDF it might be causing productionissues in the PDF.

Newspapers....CMYK all the way. IMHO
          It's not about the world of design.
          It's about the design of the world.
          Massive Change

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I'll try getting in touch with the prod. dept. (again!) and try sending them a test file with the tiff byte order set to PC and the dot grain setting off. Perhaps that will do the trick.

Thanks!

Comment

overprint?

are you getting overprint (cyan on top of black)? If this is the case open the graphic in photoshop. If image is grayscale, convert to cmyk. in the window dropdown select channels. Now delete the cyan, magenta, and yellow separations out of your graphic. (click on the channel, select all in the picture, and cut it) this will leave only the black channel. You may have to piss with levels, contrast, etc. to get it to look ok. save graphic in cmyk.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X