Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Kayekaye
    Reply to Photoshop CS6 - selection tool issue
    Kayekaye
    Is this square showing up when it is online or when it is in photoshop? I've had this happen on a website but never in ps....
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to in need of urgent help
    Buda
    You call it a prank, I call it sabotage.
    Today, 02:33 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Help with a graphic technique
    Buda
    You can actually render clouds in Photoshop.

Filter > Render > Clouds

It's can be a good starting point to build your brushes over top of. Fiddle with the levels and the...
    Today, 02:24 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Setting up file for large banner
    PrintDriver
    4' x8' yeah sure, work at 150ppi. That's fine.
    But a 30' x 41' banner at 150ppi would be over 14.5 gigs flat! Your printer is gonna hate you! Actually he might laugh when you send in your hard drive...
    Today, 12:07 AM
  • Obsidian86
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    Obsidian86
    It's that time of year again, isn't it? Should have known by the traffic....
    Yesterday, 08:42 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing a spot color on output.

I have a catalog that has a spot varnish over every image. I need to create a PDF with Bookmarks but the spot varnish is a Channel created in photoshop used to output the varnish.

My question is from within Indesign CS2 how do I hide this spot color from printing. I know this can be done in Quark but I donít have Quark.

My only other suggestion is to create an action in Photoshop and run a batch file on 1,000 images as the catalog is very product heavy. But this can take years to finish and I donít want to do that.

Does anybody have a suggestion?

hmmm, i'm not much of a InDesign person but if those photoshop images are linked in there, i think that Batch Process idea you have is your best bet....

BTW, Nice to see your still alive!
    www.standercreative.com

Comment

What is going on Silence?

Your still doing product design?

Nice to see some of the older folk still around.

But about the whole batch file thing. I think that is my only bet since I don't have the patience to solve this crap.

I would be online a lot more but they even check when I use the bathroom here, I'm on lock down.

There is a time for everything and I'll be back more often in the near future.

Comment

If it's a Spot color in INDD then when you print SEPS turn off that ink in the print dialog.
        It's not about the world of design.
        It's about the design of the world.
        Massive Change

Comment

^^ If the color is it's own channel, turn off the spot varnish ^^
          People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

Thanks guys for all your advice.

The thing is Iím creating a PDF so I canít or let me rephrase that I donít know how to turn off the spot. I know it can be done cause they do it at print shops all the time if they decide to print process they can if they decide to pull the spot they can etc.

Rickself that is exactly what I have to do but as I said itís about 1,000 images. Iím actually just going to run a batch that is the only way I know how to solve this.

Comment

Would the printshop not run seps without the spot ink and then recombine to process you can also convert spots to process easily enough but if it's a varnish plate. Printing a spot as process is easy enough, but you don't want this colour to print AT ALL as it's a varnish plate and not a colour persay correct?.....

I would turn off the colour...print seps and distill to process PDF.

Massive Change

Comment

Originally posted by benjo
                What is going on Silence?

Your still doing product design?

Nice to see some of the older folk still around.

Same Old, Same Old... Yep still doing product/package design, even more than ever now...lol

How's the new job you've been at?
                www.standercreative.com

Comment

PersonasBinar how would I combine the seps in distillar after that? I'm a little lost with your explanation although I understand what you are saying but I don't know how to make it happen.

Silence my new job is not what it I expected. They hired me then veto most of what I have to say to then have other ďprofessionalsĒ say the same thing and they in turn are geniuses. F up outa here! I will be looking soon enough cause I canít take this shit.

Comment

As the "colour" is a spot in a channel you would normally print all the inks..CMYK+spot. Spot being a clear varnish plate. Spot can be any colour. Now if you don't want it to print at all you either have convert it to process and possibly have this blob of colour print over top all your images, a spot channel in an Image in Indesign will show up a a colour, whereas in Quark you can simply tell it to ignore the channel entirely. I'd have to play more with Indesign to see for sure. What happens if you convert all colours to process and postscript a page to PDF what happens? Do you get a blob of colour where the varnish should be?
                    Massive Change

Comment

PersonasBinar

Your theory is right on that is exactly what is happening to me but as you know it doesnít work the same in Quark as in Indesign. So yeah Iím just getting a lovely blob of color.

Thatís for at least understanding what I was saying. Unfortunetly this is one of those things where Indesign doesnít meet the functionality of Quark.

Comment

there has got to be a way of recombining a sep output to a flat CMYK file. That way you can print seps -spot..OR action photoshop....ewwww.

WAIT!! can you remap the spot in INDD to 0,0,0,0,? and overprint it?

oh Google......

I'm out have a good week-end and let me know how it goes.
                        Massive Change

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X