Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• creare
    logo lettering new york
    creare
    logo lettering new york, letter y seems the raised arm of the Statue of Liberty ' ...
    Today, 02:53 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to What do you want to know?
    salsa
    Something with cats. Cats are funny! Maybe a video about how to make a funny cat video?
    Today, 02:44 PM
  • B
    Reply to What do you want to know?
    B
    I would like a video, please, on how to get clients to always say, "Wow, great work! Do you mind if I pay you double for it?"
    Today, 02:26 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Font
    KitchWitch
    Hi Hootch and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:16 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to First Poster Design
    kemingMatters
    First lets talk about software and file formats, it appears that the logos you have selected are raster, meaning they are made up with pixels and create that built-with-lego look when upsized or in low...
    Today, 02:12 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to print "transparent" transparencies?

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of some info on how to print "transparent" transparencies.

For example:
    Suppose I print a red square onto a clear transparency. With a "normal" printer, this will look like an opaque red square - you won't be able to see through it.

What I am after is some sort of printing process which would result in the red square looking like a piece of red cellophane (i.e.) a way to dye the transparency and yet have it remain transparent.

Does anyone know of such a printing technique?

Thanks in advance.

- Tim

Find a lab with a Durst Lambda or a Lightjet printer.
    You want a Duraclear print. The carrier is absolutely clear and the colors are just like you want.

However, anything white in your image or your file will be clear. White clouds = clear.
    White t-shirt = clear.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

I looked up some info on those printers, and it seems that they are used for very high quality printouts, and are also high cost.

Is there a low-quality low-cost alternative? I don't need to print out a photo, just some text and simple graphics.

Thanks again.

- Tim

Comment

You can get laser compatible (and inkjet compatible) transparency sheets you can feed thru your printer. Any office supply store will have em. The colors are relatively translucent. Not completely transparent.

Don't get the two confused. If you feed the inkjet transy thru your laser printer, the fuser will melt it and you'll have one hell of a mess.

Comment

We use Duraclear for text and simple graphics too. Even though it is a photo process. I just did a big project where we mounted Duraclear to some large, clear acrylic panels.

Unless you are using this for overhead projectors...
          Text on clear is very hard to read, depending on what's behind it.
          What is your application (use)?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X