Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Looking for good website to generate qrcode with image
    kemingMatters
    In the past I've done them manually. that is put an illustration or logo inside the QR code, one average you can use about the 1/4 of the overall space but sometimes a bit more and still have an easily...
    Today, 01:00 PM
  • Kool
    Reply to Self Branding Logo Feedback
    Kool
    Hi, welcome back to the forum.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 12:53 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Hello :)
    PanToshi
    Hi Ben and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 12:24 PM
  • HotButton
    HotButton
    Well, before someone would spend time trying to help, don't you think it would be considerate to help them avoid wasting that time investigating and suggesting something you've already found unsatisfactory?...
    Today, 12:00 PM
  • KitchWitch
    KitchWitch
    Hi Betty and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 11:49 AM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• technik of printing ceramic tiles

does anyone knows something about this process?
    Last edited by mrvica; 02-18-2006, 02:28 PM. Reason: sintaxs mistake

water transfer maybe?
    www.standercreative.com

Comment

Do you mean how to do the designs in the slip used to color the face of the tile when it is fired? Or print them.

Printing can be done as a dye-sub process or as a UV flatbed process.

HOWEVER
      There are certain wearability and food safety issues you need to know about.
      -Dye sub or printed tiles should not be used outdoors. There have been too many reports of almost immediate fading and no cases of tiles lasting much more than 5 years without significant fading.
      -They can't be used for flooring or high traffic areas like hallway walls.
      -Cleansers that can scratch the surface are bad for printed tiles.
      -Exposure to heat and grease aren't good for them either.
      -Some inks may contain chemicals you don't want to have in contact with food.

Dye sub is more common. UV flatbed is more of a short term usage.

Check out http://www.dyesub.org for much more info.
      Last edited by PrintDriver; 02-18-2006, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence04
        water transfer maybe?
        well I dont know, do you maybe know litle bit more about it? if you do please write...

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver
          Do you mean how to do the designs in the slip used to color the face of the tile when it is fired? Or print them.

Printing can be done as a dye-sub process or as a UV flatbed process.

HOWEVER
          There are certain wearability and food safety issues you need to know about.
          -Dye sub or printed tiles should not be used outdoors. There have been too many reports of almost immediate fading and no cases of tiles lasting much more than 5 years without significant fading.
          -They can't be used for flooring or high traffic areas like hallway walls.
          -Cleansers that can scratch the surface are bad for printed tiles.
          -Exposure to heat and grease aren't good for them either.
          -Some inks may contain chemicals you don't want to have in contact with food.

Dye sub is more common. UV flatbed is more of a short term usage.

Check out http://www.dyesub.org for much more info.

can you tell me little bit more about it, or give me some internet adress where I can read more about this?
          I am interested in printing tiles as that is not very common printing

Comment

I provided a link.
            Check above.
            It's more common than you think.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
            Working...
            X