Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand stamping over 4-colour process print run

Hi Everyone,

I've come to pick your collective brain again. I'm doing the design for a 7 inch vinyl single, press run of 600. We want to embelish it beyond 4 colour-process but there isn't a budget for die-cutting, embossing etc. I had the idea that i could design a sleeve with a process illustration printed on it and that we could hand stamp over the illustration with a one colour ink to add some depth.

I can get the stamps made,but I'm unsure about what ink to use and how to have the sleeve itself printed so there won't be any issues with warping, colour bleed, etc. Its for commercial sale, so I don't want to bollocks it up. If any one has any experience with this sort of thing, I'd really appreciate some advice.

thanks!

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• joshnx
    Reply to Questions about your graphic design CV
    joshnx
    It's really helpful to know you have been on both sides i.e applying as well as hiring, so I will stick to your advice about keeping it plain. Thanks.

That might...
    Today, 12:48 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to How to achieve this business card look on the text? On CS6
    Cosmo
    It looks like it's supposed to be a spot glass coating on a matte card. No great way to simulate that in InDesign. Best way to make it happen is call the printer that is printing it and ask them, but...
    Today, 12:43 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Questions about your graphic design CV
    salsa
    ​1.Which is a better format for your resume? .doc or .pdf?
    The one that gets you an interview.

​2.Do you go plain or creative?
    I go with the version that will get...
    Today, 12:14 PM
  • HotButton
    Comment on Transform Palette in Illustrator CS
    HotButton
    Good god, the Illustrator user forum has an unending flow of posts complaining about the ill effects of Align to Pixel Grid on ... print-destined files.

''Parts of my book cover artwork keep...
    Today, 11:55 AM
  • HotButton
    Reply to How to achieve this business card look on the text? On CS6
    HotButton
    Yeah, the black-on-black look can be had with relatively simple, subtly opposing gradients, with some inner shadow and (very little) outer glow applied to reinforce the "raised" edge. The size...
    Today, 11:47 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X