Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• HotButton
    Reply to Project Management
    HotButton
    I agree with that.

Basecamp and other workgroup tools like it come with all the features you need to solve those workflow problems except one: Discipline.

That discipline can...
    Today, 05:39 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Project Management
    kemingMatters
    Before you spend all of this time on solving a very real problem, I would discuss the issue at length with your boss and offer to provide solutions based on the understanding that you will have to have...
    Today, 05:03 PM
  • com_amy
    Project Management
    com_amy
    I recently started at a new company (commercial real estate) and they have very limited project management.

The basic workflow is:
    1. A request for a proposal or presentation is sent...
    Today, 03:25 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on New Graphics Design Team | Division 1 | Has Benefits | Join Now
    kemingMatters
    a office space oppose to b office space, I wonder if that's Mike Judge's... excuse me sir, I do believe that you have my stapler...

Where do we enter our 6 pieces of flair?
    Today, 02:52 PM
  • Kool
    Comment on Any one use 3D printer machine ?
    Kool
    That "Attachment" link is just a link to nothing that this crappy software adds to a post when you attach an image. Nothing dangerous, just annoying
    Today, 02:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Geneva CE a printer font?

Coming from the old school of the Mac Plus and SE, I always thought that Geneva was a System font, as were most of the "city" name fonts - Chicago, New York, etc.
    I have a client that has sent me an 84 page directory that uses Geneva CE Reg, Bold, and Italic, throughout, mostly in ads. I'm having a heckuva time finding a printer font and think she's going to be in trouble when (or even if) I get her a proof later today. She's in the next time zone so thought I'd post first before calling her with bad news.
    Anybody?
    People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

It sounds like an Eastern Europe font?
    http://www.thau-knudsen.dk/sw/easteurope.html
    See the section on Roman Serbo-Croation
    Good luck with that.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 03-07-2006, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Ah, are you on a mac Rick?
      Go to International under your system prefs and turn on Czech. It will give you a Geneva CE font. I think it's a keyboard coding thing.

Comment

oooo - I'll try that. Thanks PD! Be back with the verdict...
        People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

On a side note Rick, do you want your coach Dan Monson back? We don't want him any more.
          Less be more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mynock
            On a side note Rick, do you want your coach Dan Monson back? We don't want him any more.
            hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha breathe hahahahahahahahahahaha
            You no likey? Didn't he get in big trouble last week?

Comment

I don't know. But it's funny, while he's at Gonzaga they are a Cindarella team, and when he leaves they are a powerhouse.
              Less be more.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver
                Ah, are you on a mac Rick?
                Go to International under your system prefs and turn on Czech. It will give you a Geneva CE font. I think it's a keyboard coding thing.
                I think that is going to work. I've asked the client for the printer font, which I don't think she has Plus half of the ads she built in Photoshop with massive layers, rasterized fonts...bloody mess. And then she's using Quark 6.
                Gawd it's a great life.
                I'm thinking of going out on my own...commercial printing is too much!!!

Comment

Rick, in OSX, Geneva is a dFont. It shouldn't need a printer outline?
                  I really don't understand the relationship between the Internationsl keyboard enablers and the fonts. I think (but I'm not sure) that the CE allows for certain punctuation and lettering 'ligatures' not usually found on a standard US keyboard.

You might want to ask your client if she really meant to be using that font.

Comment

She's really over head on this project, having done small newspaper ads in Multi-Ad Creator to jumping into a high end 80+ page 4 color booklet. I tried changing the keyboard and that just made some of my shortcut commands not work! Couldn't for the life of me get Fit in window to work in Indd after turning on the Czech keyboard! I think Geneva was a poor choice and mentioned that to her. Hopefully she has changed that in the new file she sent overnight. I will find out when I get in. Thanks, PD, especially for that interesting section on Roman Serbo-Croation fonts!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X