Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Juniberry
    Reply to Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    I should also mention that a theme that supports the visual composer would be excellent....
    Today, 05:54 AM
  • Juniberry
    Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    Howdy-doody fellas and bellas, I'm just after some quick advice from those of you out there with plenty of experience choosing and working with WP themes.

Attached is a template/guide to...
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    the business is online. print-wise, the smallest it will ever get is a business card.
    Today, 03:53 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to UX tips
    lowfatgraphics
    Hmm This isn't UX, it is UI... Its common to get the two mixed up but having worked in UX and now UI, there is a pretty big difference.

Now from a UI stand point, there isn't much here...aside...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    lowfatgraphics
    "S" is tough to read-- looks interesting. the glossy highlights seem to have multiple light sources tho...might want to double check.
    Today, 03:43 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perhaps I should post this here

Crazy invisible font! ARGH!! Anyone got any ideas?
    Our entire design team is stumped. We are using an epson stylus PRO7600 printer, run with navigator rip software. One of our jobs will not run. Getting this messsage: Warning job will stop at end of this page because font adobe serif MM not found. Error: undefined; Offending Command. I have done some research on adobe web site and got nothing. We have no tech support for this printer. This font does not show up in the document. (Quark)

This font is NOT used in the file. It does not show up in the usage. There are no .eps files or layerd .tifs in the file.

???
    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

The only thing that comes to mind is a situation where we were having font issues. For some reason when I uploaded tehm into font book, they went into the master library, but I had to make a copy of the fonts in my user library. Then I had no problem. Fonts are the devil.
    My Site

Comment

Copy all of the graphic elements NOT TYPE to a new page and paste 'em down. Try to print again. Any MM fonts? Just a process of elimination. Keep taking sections and pasting to a new doc. It will turn up.
      People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

I'm not familiar with that RIP but there may be a setting somewhere to get it to ignore font errors. Have you tried exporting the file to PDF and then ripping it as a workaround?

Comment

I agree, Carter, fonts are the devil! Especially this evil invisible nightmare! We use extensis suitcase to manage our fonts. All our fonts are stored on our individual hard drives. System fonts activate automatically, temp fonts are stored on our desktops.

Rickself, that sounds like an interesting, if not time consuming work around, but I’ll try it..

Kool, unfortunately our rip will not handle PDFs, only postscript files. BOGUS!!
          “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

It's in Quark right? Try Selecting everything and pasting it to a new document. If that doesn't work try exporting it as PDF then opening it up in Illustrator converting everything to outlines bringing it back into Quark as an EPS. or just printing it from Illustrator.

Comment

quark, right. thanks, kool. I'm gonna try that in the AM. I'm done for now...But I would still like to know WHY it's happening?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBrie
                Rickself, that sounds like an interesting, if not time consuming work around, but I’ll try it..
                Welcome to Prepress 101
                This is what I do all the time. Weigh the time you've spent to this work-out.You'll get it and be happier you did get it!
                People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

I'm guessing that Adobe Serif MM is being used by the system...not Quark per se.

Try saving the page as an encapsulated eps file. Then bring it into a new Quark doc as an image. Maybe your orig doc is corrupted somehow.
                  or
                  I'm with Kool on this one. Convert it to a PDF and print from the PDF.

and I agree, fonts are the devil!
                  Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
                  Through the Looking Glass

Comment

and times new roman is pontuis pilate
                    When I awoke today, suddenly nothing happened
                    But in my dreams, I slew the dragon

Comment

Worked till 11pm last nite and completed only 3 jobs out of 20. Why, font problems galore. I've not seen font issues like this in 14 years. For example, open qack file, load fonts, view fonts on page, everything looks good, send to rip---fail. 1 hour later, export quack as a eps, distill and then it tells me garamond aint there when everything looks correct! Even have jobs that are correct--rip and then view incorrectly. Load fonts and then quak substitutes fonts on its own. Quark will not only substitute the font for you it will even stylize it for you, boy aint I lucky.
                      WYSIWYG

Comment

Geez JIm, happy Friday, huh?

I remember me and you talking about this sh!t before when I was having the problems too. And that was Quack 6.x

Is this the NEW IMPROVED 7? Will it let you save back?

I HATE QUARK and their STUPID NEW LOGO TOO!

Comment

i've encountered situations like this - usually occurs in an imported text from Word flow, or there is a "space" with this font assigned. I would print to postscript and run throught distiller to create a pdf. If I understand correctly, your RIP won't accept pdf files. Save a postscript file out of acrobat and send that file to your RIP - This may be the fastest solution to your problem

Comment

Sometimes when I have problems with quark like this where shit starts disappearing, I'll export the page as an EPS from Q!, import it into illustrator manually fix the problem in illustrator and use create outlines on all the copy. then send it to the pdf distiller, save as a new eps or tif or whatever your RIP likes. Usually that will teach it a lesson after 15 minutes of thrashing on something that was 'press ready'. Seems like it was always some opentype or truetype bs and quark's miserable font management. Damn I'm glad I left quark behind last year :P

-Jon
                            Last edited by orkaknos12; 04-15-2006, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Prepress Goddess, the font isn't showing in usage. Usually if a space is assigned a font, it will show up there.

What I've done is actually type something into the doc in the mysterious font (assuming I have it), then do a search/Show font.

Saving Quark 6.x files to eps and opening in Illustrator can open entirely different cans of worms. Frequently. As in, more often than not.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X