Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• StudioMonkey
    Reply to Typography style at illustrator
    StudioMonkey
    First one is easy - rotate + shear. You could do this in InDesign.
    The other two can be done in Illustrator with Envelope Distort - either Warp or Mesh - and you don't even have to turn the fonts...
    Today, 11:17 AM
  • Lucifer
    Reply to Need color choice help on logo design...
    Lucifer
    What does this company do?
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    Roth
    You're in danger of having too many elements. If you're going to make something of the W being different, make it noticeably different (I assumed the Woodruff was in the W font, and took me a while to...
    Today, 04:46 AM
  • jwood
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    jwood
    Thanks for the thoughts and questions. I had several tries with the same font but it always looked too plain. The different fonts seemed to help the logo to stand out but still look professional. I'll...
    Today, 04:31 AM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to The End of Adobe Creative Suite is upon us...Creative Cloud shift
    EmberMike
    Resurrecting an oldie here...

I've been a CS6 holdout but now I'm at a point where I need to buy After Effects and I can't find a reasonable price on it anywhere. My upgrade to CC may be...
    Today, 03:58 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halftone printing

I would like to have some cards printed in one pantone color which will include a logo done in lettering (in solid color) and a detail of an old engraving ornament at a lighter shade (20%) of the same pantone color.
    Printing will be in offset 1 color solid+ halftone.

I'm using Quark and I'm getting a bit confused as if I should place the ornament detail in quark as a bitmap or grayscale.Which one is the best to preserve the details of the drawing? The original engraving reproduction isn't continuous tone but has the appearance of a continuous tone because of the fine details.
    Here is a link to an image of a similar ornament.

http://www.barbarabadettipalumbo.com/ornament.jpg

Thanks,
    Barbara

If you want Quark to colorize the ornament to your pantone color you will have to convert it to grayscale. If your just going to output the whole thing as black (since the actual color will be supplied by the ink) then it doesn't matter.

I would just convert it to grayscale, it wont affect the detail and will make it ready for when you need it for two color seps.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      For the grayscale should I place the image at 100% at 300dpi or should I double check with the printer?

Comment

It's always good to check with the printer but 100%, 300 dpi is pretty standard, should be just fine.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X