Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• JeffSC
    Reply to Agency or in-house?
    JeffSC
    I have only worked as an in-house designer. I'm the creative director for the marketing department of a state college. I'm in charge of four distinct higher-ed brands. I have tons of creative freedom...
    Today, 02:22 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Google logo
    kemingMatters
    I think that's the point B, they do a lot to mock their competition, like bidding Pi at the Nortel Patent Auction. They are somewhat the anti-apple and I suppose that means being loud, lighthearted and...
    Today, 02:16 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Illustrator Interface
    kemingMatters
    Or just memorize the hot keys so you don't need to look at the tool bar
    Today, 01:16 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on New to digital design, any advice for creating a PDF for a website?
    kemingMatters
    Right someone will need to update either way, but with PDF someone will need to update and distribute, whereas having a single annex like a web page, your endusers will always have the most current information...
    Today, 01:08 PM
  • Kool
    Reply to Dreamland logo
    Kool
    Added to my Netflix list
    Today, 12:57 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perforation in pricetags

I'm working on some price tags designed in Quark. How do I indicate a round perforation (1/4")? Should I just draw a circle with a thickness of 1pt and tell the printer that that will be a perforation or is there another way of doing it?
    Thanks,
    bbpal

This is something that you definitely want to talk to your printer about beforehand.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Kool. Your printer would probably have other ideas too.

You can also surppress printout: Suppress setting (Item → Modify) for each item on that layer

However, it sounds like theyll have to make a die to cut your print with so the best way would be to create a template in quark or illustrator or freehand or whatever indicating the shape.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X