No announcement yet.

Perforation in pricetags

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perforation in pricetags

I'm working on some price tags designed in Quark. How do I indicate a round perforation (1/4")? Should I just draw a circle with a thickness of 1pt and tell the printer that that will be a perforation or is there another way of doing it?

This is something that you definitely want to talk to your printer about beforehand.

Yeah, I agree with Kool. Your printer would probably have other ideas too.

You can also surppress printout: Suppress setting (Item → Modify) for each item on that layer

However, it sounds like theyll have to make a die to cut your print with so the best way would be to create a template in quark or illustrator or freehand or whatever indicating the shape.

Latest Topics

• Protagonist
        Reply to Dealing with the office power trip.
        Luckily she's not in a supervisory role but I have to work with her as she passes out assignments and serves as the liaison between other employees & departments.

The other men in the...
        Yesterday, 11:04 PM
      • gentlerats
        Reply to critique for student work!
        Sorry for the late reply, this site seems to crash on me a lot. Thanks for the feedback! I'll take them into account.
        Not sure what you mean by the last line. As in, it's that bad?
        Yesterday, 06:39 PM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Redesign of our company's logo
        Hi Brian0610 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Yesterday, 03:50 PM
      • B
        Reply to Redesign of our company's logo
        I'd pick the second one since the typography is a bit more distinctive and logo-like. However, I'd add a tail to the two d's -- ones like the a's have.
        Yesterday, 03:39 PM
      • calebninja
        Comment on How can I create an image like this?
        At least you're not stuck with Alex Smith as your quarterback. Sure he doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but how can you when you throw 20 bubble screens a game...
        Yesterday, 03:22 PM

Incredible Stock
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings