Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to Break points and Responsive design
    DanCMU
    I'm a developer for a digital agency and can personally vouch for the benefit of mock-ups. How else can a developer code against a design if they don't exist? In terms of development/design time, desktop...
    Today, 09:01 AM
  • DanCMU
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    DanCMU
    On devices with retina displays, their resolution is high enough that it, effectively, resizes images to get them looking the right size (in a nutshell). This is often the cause of image problems like...
    Today, 08:56 AM
  • DanCMU
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    DanCMU
    Thanks very much, appreciate the feedback.

I did make all of the other letters gray, and it did emphasize the two "e"s but it then became a bit more difficult to distinguish the...
    Today, 08:40 AM
  • jessica21
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    Thanks CataclysmX and Designia! I will continue my search for the right typeface....
    Today, 05:24 AM
  • LumLum1013
    My thread went missing?
    LumLum1013
    I posted a new thread in The Crit Pit about a week ago. It was approved, a few members have replied to it and I was able to access it for few days.
    Then I received email notifications of a few new...
    Today, 04:25 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distiller 4.00 font errors

I'm trying to distill a simple .ps file using distiller, but as I distill the following message appears...

%%[ Warning: Helvetica-Bold not found, using Font Substitution. Font cannot be embedded.]%%

What can I do? I don't even use Helvetica in the document!

I'm sure this must have come up before, but I can't find it after searching on all the relevant key words.

Many thanks for any advice.

Russell

Had the same problem yesterday. I'm totally stumped. Are you using Quark and OSX?
    WYSIWYG

Comment

Hey Jim, the way today's going, ya got that replacement keyboard handy? The head bangin' is getting severe!
      People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

You aint kidding. Maybe someone from Apple is taking notes. They call this progress?
        These people are pounding out updates wither it be software or hardware and selling a bill of goods to the masses. There is no doubt about it, it is bordering on scamming!
        WYSIWYG

Comment

missing fonts that aren't really missing

I'm working on a PC and Pagemaker (remember those days??)

A printer I used in the past had a solution for this which involved putting some kind of font files into the various postscript font locations on the c: drive. However, I can't raise the printer's advice any more.

Anyone else remember what you need to do?

R

Comment

Originally posted by poster_boy
            Anyone else remember what you need to do?
            Pagermaker on a PC .... hmmmm ... try this ...

Last edited by MD; 03-17-2006, 05:28 PM.
            Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
            http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

MD that is funny as hell! I'm a mac guy. However moving fonts to several locations on a PC and using Pagemaker sounds kinda risky to me. You should keep your fonts at one place I would think. You may have some scattered fonts already and this may be causing your problem.
              WYSIWYG

Comment

Having rejected MD's advice I found the following solution - advice from some printers I use...
                When distilling a page you may find the following error...
                %%[ Error: Helvetica not found. Font cannot be embedded. ]%%
                %%[ Error: invalidfont; OffendingCommand: findfont ]%%
                Stack:
                /Font
                /Helvetica
                /_BFontUOThick
                false
                %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
                %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

it can be rectified by following these instruction...
                Here are the relevant fonts you need to stop this message appearing in your distiller log.
                Add these fonts to your PS fonts and also ad the PFM files into your PFM directory.
                Also copy these into your Acrobat\resource\font directory.

I have posted the fonts they talk about on a page on my old website... http://www.russelleagling.com/pdf_solution

Hope this helps others

Russell

Comment

Glad to see you are still around Poster Boy - I would have taken the easy way out. You are much stronger than I am ...
                  Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                  http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey,

I once had a similar problem (if I recall correctly).

Try going into your joboptions and set the Helvetica manually to 'always add' or 'never embedd'...I can't really remember which of the two.

Again, if I recall correctly, with me the problem was, that Freehand would use Helvetica on creating the color-, filename and date when writing the ps.. If you are using Fh to create your ps, maybe try out disabling colornames ect. in your printing promt and see if the distilling works then when having everything disabled.

Hope it helped you (but it might as well be something completely different, as we know, hehe),

k.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X