X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Onyx Help

Okay, I'm trying to rip a file with cutcontours. I have the file (eps) with a second layer. The second layer has a stroke in pure magenta and at .25 width, tracing the required cut path for the plotter. However when I rip them in Onyx all three files give me an error in the console. "RefID 74d4730c! = RefID 000000001".

It kicks out the projects and doesn't give me it in the que or anywheres. I have experienced this in the past and Onyx tech had never heard of it, in other words, they were just as helpful as always. (read:not helpful). I have utilized CutContour and it has worked in the past.

Can any of you large format printers or prepress guys help out a fellow?
    My Site

Never mind. The gd gave me an rgb formatted pic and onyx needs it to be CMYK, apparently...
    My Site

Comment

I retract that last statement. it worked on only one of them, but not the other two. Any help??
      My Site

Comment

wow, i think i did figure it out. I turned on the marks, print info before I submitted it. I had those on, since this is a color test. However when I didn't turn on the print info, it RIPPED just fine. And I was able to add those marks afterwards with no problems.
        My Site

Comment

What version of Onyx are you using?
          GDF Users Get 20% off at www.matrixnyc.com
          On Printing, Scanning, Mounting, Laminating, and More.

Comment

It seems that if I submit the artwork and turn on the crop marks and info before I submit it fails, but if I do it after, it's fine. Strange bug, that even Onyx has never heard of.
            My Site

Comment

its always great when you find the one bug that effects your file

Version 7 will be out next month maybe it will fix the problem

Comment

this is the only onyx I know of...hes old school

Tapp-d
                "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

I just got that cd and now its old school damn times change to fast

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                  Working...
                  X