Zoo Printing's Branded Website Program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoo Printing's Branded Website Program

Last April I started using Zoo's Branded website program to sell my printing products, but I haven't received a significat increase of online sales. At the end of the day customers seem to always call and order anyway. Has anyone else used the branded website with other results? For 2k a year we are thinking of dropping it next year....

So... are you a designer or are you a printer?
    It looks to me like Zoo is a printer in their own right so how are you selling YOUR printing products?
    And when you use Zoo, do you use their templated design-o-rama software?
    Did you buy into it thinking Zoo would promote your business for you?
    Or did you start using it with a coinciding marketing campaign that offered "your" clients a new and easy interface and try to boost your own ROI?

I say "your" in quotes because your clients become Zoo's clients, over which you have no control other than they are supposedly a "trade printer." I've found in some cases that "trade" can have a very wide scope and might include the office-secretary-turned-designer for a company you used to design for. I've also found that a savvy client can tell the difference between in-house and subbed out despite a swanky web interface.

Comment

• PrintDriver
      PrintDriver commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do you think that?
      And who would be in charge?
      You might be surprised how much local printers do collaborate without getting antlike about it.

I'd drop it. Sounds like a waste of money to me. Why would you want your clients directed to your trade printer's website? Have your clients contact you directly through your website or other means.
    http://www.reynolds-creative.com

Comment

Hi Bob and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

The only reason "local printers" are even remotely threatened by the online gang printers is because there are fewer designers, and even fewer clients, that actually know what quality print is any more. If all you want is local office supply store quality, you get exactly what you pay for. Quite often they are only a broker working for the markup. They don't even do the work in house.

The processes that take time and sometimes a little bit more money are becoming lost arts. Some of us recognize we are a dying breed, and I personally am hoping to retire before I have to stoop to the level of the online gang quality in order to stay in business. We take pride in our output, our finishing and enjoy working with our clients. We also know our capabilities and the capabilities of nearby local shops. If we can't do something we know someone who can.

I've had run ins with people who are standardizing the print industry. They want us to sacrifice our color matching ability to fall within a much narrower industry standard under the guise of "saving time" and having online instant service ability. They want us to offer fewer materials to run lean. We'd rather offer the opportunity for excellent color quality in some of the more arcane print processes. When those clients are gone, or the machinery becomes unrepairable, we'll be gone too. I've got 8 years to go and won't shed a tear that future generations of designers will be stuck printing on 3 choices of paper in straight up CMYK.

Fast, Cheap or Quality.
        Pick only two.
        Last edited by PrintDriver; 05-15-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I've used zoo for 7 or 8 years, and had the zoo branded site for 3+ years. In March I upgraded to Premium - to offer templates. I'm in NJ and they had a plant about an hour away so deliveries UPS to most of my clients were 1 day. The last job took 10 days from submission to delivery and when I researched it, I discovered that the NJ plant closed March 31. They knew that the plant was going to close when they took my $, and that would negatively impact my business. This is consistent with my overall impression of their branded sites division - that they are only interested in making (taking your) money. I had been very satisfied with the printing, but...

Is anyone satisfied with another printing resource that offers branding?
          Last edited by KitchWitch; 04-27-2017, 12:11 PM. Reason: removed price/cost

Comment

Hi Praybould and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

semi-somnolent thread....
              OP hasn't been back since 12/8/13

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X