X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Cutom Die Cuts...

Is it normal for custom Dies to only work on certian types of Material?

i.e. if i paid to have a die made to cut Clear PS Label stock would i have to buy a new die to have it cut Holographic Film or Mylar?

if this is normal, whats the reasoning for it? material thickness?
    www.standercreative.com

this is normal in the flexo printing industry - the blade of the die has to be set at a certain angle to cut the intended material - the hardness of the die also is different when cutting different substrates. if you have a die already made for cutting mylar and you want to cut paper with it, you'll damage the cutting blade and it will need to be sent out to be retooled

Comment

cool, thanks!
      www.standercreative.com

Comment

Welcome to the GDF prepress goddess. I hope you stick around. Silence usually has some good flexo questions and they often go unanswered. We need someone with your expertise around here!

Comment

glad to help out - if i can get some designers thinking about how things work on press - it will really help them to maximize the abilities of the presses the work is going to instead of working against the limitations of the final production process.

don't be afraid to talk to your printer's prepress department - it's better to identify a problem early on before the deadline looms on the horizon

Comment

I think you will like it here, PPG! We have some excellent prepress folks who visit this forum... and lots of designers here have some prepress experience, too.

We appreciate the vast knowledge that prepress folks have to have. Great to have you on board!
            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

thanks morea - i see a lot of familiar names here

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X