Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• subdrewgans
    Reply to Company name help!
    subdrewgans
    I've always been taught when naming a company or helping one name a company the first thing to do is think even in the spelling of the name how to differentiate yourself or make something unique. If you...
    Today, 07:34 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Company logo redesign - feedback
    <b>
    One of the main purposes of a logo is to establish a visual shortcut, of sorts, that becomes firmly associated and identified with an organization, like a business. It can take years for that link to...
    Today, 07:17 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Adobe Illustrator SVG Transparency/Knockout Problem
    kemingMatters
    If it works for you I suppose it does, but with more pieces you have a greater chance of something breaking. A file done the "hard way" will be a smaller file size and easier to manipulate in...
    Today, 07:14 PM
  • Staisman
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Staisman
    Ok what you think about this one. I am not sure about color skim but let's not take it in consideration right now. What about logo itself?
    My last and first name starts with an "S". I...
    Today, 07:05 PM
  • Staisman
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    Staisman
    You are all too materialistic guys. I am a member of the many forums, and if a person come to the forum with a problem I would help him as I could. You have a problem I will give you a solution, I won't...
    Today, 07:01 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newsprint MAg - Ink Rub-off problem

Last edited by that mike guy; 11-11-2006, 02:06 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...id=47773110794

What kind of paper? Newsprint, coated stock? What's their dpi? Web or sheetfed?
    WYSIWYG

Comment

i think your dot gain would have something to do with this too
      www.standercreative.com

Comment

Last edited by that mike guy; 11-11-2006, 02:06 AM. Reason: removed by request

Comment

How does it look? Is there a lot of filling of type? Are pictures muddy? If the piece looks fine, I don't see what the problem is. If it has a lot of ink coverage, the ink will come off on your fingertips. It's just the way newspapers work. How long has it been since the piece was printed?

Comment

Newsprint is very porious paper. With alot of coverage you'll get alot of dot gain as Sience04 stated. Find out what their dpi is. It should not be more than 110dpi. If it is, then this could be the problem. It also could be why they want you to cut back your density. But maybe not. Newsprint is about the worst paper out there. Their dpi could be correct but the problem is the newsprint.
            WYSIWYG

Comment

Originally posted by jimking
              Newsprint is very porious paper. With alot of coverage you'll get alot of dot gain as Sience04 stated. Find out what their dpi is. It should not be more than 110dpi. If it is, then this could be the problem. It also could be why they want you to cut back your density. But maybe not. Newsprint is about the worst paper out there. Their dpi could be correct but the problem is the newsprint.
              so if their dpi is more than 110, what can i do on my end to solve the problem?

Comment

The printer should lower their dpi (dots per inch). Which they can do either to film or plate through their imagesetters. This has nothing to do with you such as lpi or resolution etc. When looking closely at your paper, do you see a pronounced dot pattern? Does it look more like a magazine dot pattern (harder to see) or like most newspapers (larger dots)?
                WYSIWYG

Comment

that mike guy, I may have steared you wrong, it's not dpi it's lpi---Lines per inch. Sorry.
                  WYSIWYG

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X