Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallic Temporary Tattoos/Flash Tattoos

Hi all,
    I was just wondering whether anyone knew or had any guesses as to how metallic temporary tattoos * la the recently popular Flash Tattoos are made (see here if you don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.flashtat.com/)? I've scoured the internet and can't find the answer.

Perhaps by printing gold or silver foils onto temporary tattoo water transfer paper with a machine like the Gerber EDGE FX? Does that sound like it would work?

Thanks for any opinions or knowledge on the matter!

Welcome to GDF noobiestnoob

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Everyone's first few posts are moderated to cut down on spam, so don't panic and post multiple times if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay!
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Don't know but those are REALLY cool.
      Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

There are loads of DIY answers to this question on the internet.
        As for using the GFX, the gold "ink" is from a transfer ribbon. Heat is involved. No idea how well temporary tat paper will hold up in that. Might even ruin the machine. I'd be more apt to use a plotter to create a stencil that contains whatever "glue" they are using to hold on the gold dust. Or the paint. Or whatever metallic flake.

Comment

I read some social post from rublie tattoos that it's a quite simple process. Their printed/pressed in layers with metallic foil instead of ink, an adhesive cover and a back paper which makes the foil come off when water is applied. Exactly how the foil is made I have no idea.

Comment

I also wonder how metallic tattoos are made... Found different printers but they are not what I believe I was looking for. Anyone has figured it out?

Comment

Hi Leen and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X