Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser monochrome printer using photo laser paper

Hey there,
    I am interested to know if there is any restriction of using a photo laser matte paper, printing a black and white project using a (SL-M2625, 4800x600dpi) monochrome laser printer.
    Trying to choose the right top of paper, I have some concerns because reading the printer manual, I can't find "Photo paper" as accepted media, instead I've found this message "Make sure not to use the inkjet photo paper with this machine. It could cause damage to the machine." so.. Inkjet not laser (?).

Also, I've found different type of photo papers (matte even glossy or high glossy) that are sold as being compatible with all laser printers.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

This is a $100 all in one...?

If whatever you feed it says it is rated for high-temperature laser printers, it should be ok.
    There are always exceptions.

Laser papers usually can take the high temperature of the fuser. If you use inkjet paper you are likely to ruin the fuser because inkjet photo paper has a coating on it that holds the ink but will melt and stick to a laser fuser. So label everything accordingly if you have an inkjet you are also using. I remember the day an intern put inkjet transparency film into a laser printer. Stink?!! Luckily (for the intern) it was a lease unit and the fuser was a replaceable component. That probably wouldn't be the case in a $100 desktop printer.

But
    the tech specs on this printer say its use is mostly rated for plain paper prints.
    Lasers are noted for not liking certain papers, especially anything with a texture. If the toner doesn't stick to some of those generic matte texture laser photo papers, I wouldn't be surprised.

Does the printer driver have a selection for photo paper?
    Is the photo paper you want to use within the paper weight parameters for the printer (under 59lb stock)? Some heavier stocks don't like to bend through the fuser gate.

Last edited by PrintDriver; 02-19-2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

It's not all-In one but it was indeed approx. 100USD (it's only a laser monochrome printer not scanner/xerox) and I was interested in printing at home text or shapes (not pictures) at a pretty decent resolution.

I didn't receive it yet so I didn't use the driver but I'll check if we have the photo paper option.
      The printer support media up to 220gr/m2; I was interested to try matte/glossy Photo laser paper up to 220gr/m2.

Thank you for your feed-back.
      Last edited by typo; 02-19-2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Hahaha, And I used this paper for laser printers for $ 100 and even a little more expensive) How naive I was. The printed photos are good without using it.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
          Reply to Style of Font
          KitchWitch
          Hi Brennan11 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
          Today, 08:17 AM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to Briefs
          KitchWitch
          Hi Woodenpablo and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
          Today, 07:36 AM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
          KitchWitch
          Hi Rank and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
          Today, 07:27 AM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to US Letter sized publications printed in European printing houses
          KitchWitch
          Hi Clinton and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
          Today, 07:23 AM
        • Rank Amateur
          Reply to Critique Please?
          Rank Amateur
          I like it, mostly....
          but I'd chop off that handle, it reads too much like a J, and have line break, the same width as the gap between the C and F, to form a mini handle instead.Or would that lose...
          Today, 07:11 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X